America's health care system?

I was just curious about how your health system works there. There seems to be a lot of questions about how people are going to afford to give birth etc. Where i live (Australia) we have free health care called medicare which is available to everyone regardless of income. We are entitled to free hospital care, both... show more I was just curious about how your health system works there. There seems to be a lot of questions about how people are going to afford to give birth etc. Where i live (Australia) we have free health care called medicare which is available to everyone regardless of income. We are entitled to free hospital care, both emergency and elective surgeries.
Update: Thanks for your answers. That is just awfull! In western countries that are so very very rich we should all as humans be entitled to free and great health care!! I will never complain again about not being able to get elective surgery for a few months while i wait on the waiting list