mbush40 asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Would you agree with the Democrat Party Chairman Howard Dean that the Republicans are the White Party?

Update:

whatagal- So Condi, Clarence, Colin mean nothing? I bet you couldn't tell me the highest ranking black Democrat to have ever served under a President.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A member of the democrat party founded the KKK (N. B. Forrest), and southern democrats were against the civil rights act (not republicans). In this election, it looks like a lot of democrats who voted for Clinton, Gore et al are not voting for Obama, and that is the racism (and it's in the democrat party).

• 1 decade ago

No I would not, if you take a look at the president"s cabinet you find a very diverse group of people. Now take a look at Clinton's. The leading people were all white. You had a few minority "gofers" there to make it look good, but no one in the policy making. So Dean is wrong, once again.

• I thought The Democrats need whites for Obama to win.

• 1 decade ago

How many minorities have been in Democratic administrations in high profile positions?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Republican party is the Realist Party, The Democrat party is

trying to make the US a one party system,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Howard Dean lives in one of the whitest states,Vermont. He doesn't want any minorities living near him. What an elitist prat!

• 1 decade ago

Pretty much. My fear for Obama is the South - Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, etc. Lots of rednecks who will never vote for anyone who isn't white - they still fly the Confederate flag. Get over it - you lost - come into the 21st century.

• 1 decade ago

I like their logic: Any white that doesn't vote for Obama MUST be a racist. What other reason could they possibly have for opposing him??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.