What's mAh mean with batteries?

I want to get a few 7.2v batteries for my remote control car. Some range from 1000mAh to 5000mAh. I currently have 2200mAh. Would I have a longer time driving it with a higher mAh? What's it mean and how does it work? Would a higher mAh ruin my car as well?

My cars:

Tyco Super Fast Traxx. Just fixed it today and excited as **** that it works after so many years.

Radio Shack Samurai

Radio Shack Tempest

All three take 7.2v batteries.

I currently bought the last two. I'd also like to know if I could consecutively use any of those cars with different batteries; if it'd effect it at all and if it'd effect the batteries.

It's a lot to answer but if you know these answers, thanks.

Favorite Answer

Ahmad:

mAh means milli-Amp hours. A milli-Amp is 1/1000th of an Amp, so 1000 mAh is the ability of the battery to deliver 1000 milli-Amps for one hour or you could say 1-Amp hour. 2200mAh means the ability to deliver 2.2 Amps for an hour. If you use a 7.2 V battery that's delivering about 16 watts non-stop for an hour. The voltage may drop below a usable level for the car before the battery has completely discharged. That's a pretty big battery for an RC car. The higher the number the more current the battery can deliver and the longer it will last before it runs down. I do not know the current draw specs for the cars you have, but you get the idea. The minimum operating voltage would be useful to know for each of your cars. After they run the down to the minimum car speed you wll accept, use your voltmeter to measure the voltage across the battery string. That would be a good way to compare the cars and decide if you need more mAh for a desired car to keep it going.

Good luck and have fun - 73 from the Fisherman

Source(s): Retired radio and fiber optics engineer
    • anshu6 years agoReport

i want 2.4 300mah but i am not getting can anybody tell me where and how can i get

Mah Means

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What's mAh mean with batteries?

My cars:

Tyco Super Fast Traxx. Just...

Source(s): mah batteries: https://biturl.im/K1KzN

Triple a batteries with 350 mAh, can last for an hour if the device draws 350 miIli amps . If your device uses less it can run longer. Think of sand timers the bigger the hole the faster the sand falls and empties. So if the device is drawing more the faster the battery will be used up. you need to find out how much milli amps your bicycle uses per hour, then divide into 350, and thats how many hours it will last before it needs a recharge. hope this was helpful.

it is the current capacity in milliamp hours (mAh).

2200mAh will run longer than a 1000mAh and a 5000mAh battery would run about 5 times longer than the 1000mAh.

The big difference is the charge times. It takes longer to recharge the larger battery and you need to remember this when you select a battery.

I have bought some lights for my bicycle and I have bought some rechargeable AAA batteries that state they are 350 mAh ... my question is, how long will one full charge last in my lights ?

Thank you. Mick.

what is mean mah