Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 decade ago

What is the average salary of an environmental engineer in the United States?

Favorite Answer

Government survey's are typically on the conservative side. Sites like "salary.com" are typically a little high. I usually use salary.com, and deduct 5%, and thats usually about what I saw my friends at other universities and myself getting when we graduated from our respective engineering schools. A lot depends on where you work though, but consider cost of living as well. It costs a LOT more to work in a place like New York, or much of California, so a higher salary may not be worth the higher living costs.

Depends entirely on who that engineer is working for, where, and how much experience they have.

Take a look at the US Department of Labor "Wage" page for specifics by profession and region.