Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 decade ago

What is the average salary of an environmental engineer in the United States?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Government survey's are typically on the conservative side. Sites like "salary.com" are typically a little high. I usually use salary.com, and deduct 5%, and thats usually about what I saw my friends at other universities and myself getting when we graduated from our respective engineering schools. A lot depends on where you work though, but consider cost of living as well. It costs a LOT more to work in a place like New York, or much of California, so a higher salary may not be worth the higher living costs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends entirely on who that engineer is working for, where, and how much experience they have.

Take a look at the US Department of Labor "Wage" page for specifics by profession and region.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.