Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

Bed Bug Spray????????

i found like 4 bed bugs in my house. my link apartment neibghor had bed bugs and they moved out like a week ago. now i guess the beg bugs got in my house through the vents. I heard there is a spry i can us to get rid of them. Can someone recommend something? Please help

• Foxes
    Favorite Answer

I think you steam the bed and wash the sheets in ultra ultra ultra hot water. Spray the bed with microban.

I would go for protective covers.

Bed bugs are returning to the U.S. and to our hotel and motel rooms at an alarming rate. International travel has undoubtedly contributed to the resurgence of bed bugs, and the lodging industry is a natural target for these little hitchhikers.

Seeing these critters before your guests do is not always easy. Female bed bugs lay their eggs in secluded areas, depositing up to five a day and 500 in a lifetime. They don’t nest like ants, so their eggs are spread over a number of areas.

These two beds could be home to some very hard to see and unwanted guests! Don’t take chances when the solution to bed bugs is so easy. Get your free sample of Microban X-580 today!

The eggs are tiny, whitish and hard to see without magnification (individual eggs are about the size of a dust spec). In the beginning, the eggs are sticky, so they can attach to a variety of surfaces.

Seeing these critters before your guests do is not always easy. Female bed bugs lay their eggs in secluded areas, depositing up to five a day and 500 in a lifetime. They don’t nest like ants, so their eggs are spread over a number of areas. The eggs are tiny, whitish and hard to see without magnification (individual eggs are about the size of a dust spec). In the beginning, the eggs are sticky, so they can attach to a variety of surfaces.

Newly hatched bed bugs, referred to as nymphs, are no bigger than a pinhead. They’re hard to see with the naked eye, especially when your cleaning staff is not looking for them. Evidence of a bed bug infestation includes the presence of bugs (usually in clusters); blood stains on walls, bedding, curtains and other furniture; brown or black excrement stains on surfaces and an obnoxious sweet smell. Under favorable conditions (70-90 degrees F), the bugs can complete development in as little as a month, producing three or more generations per year. Bed bugs are very resilient too; nymphs can survive for months without feeding and the adults for more than a year.

Bed bugs are most active at night. During daylight hours they hide close to where people sleep. Their small flat bodies enable them to fit into tiny crevices, especially those associated with mattresses, box springs, bed frames and headboards. Bed bugs do not fly, but they can move quickly over floors, walls, ceilings and other surfaces.

The best treatment for bed bugs is adding one additional step to your room cleaning services. Every time you change bed linen, mist the mattress with Microban X580 EPA Registered Spray. Microban X580 will kill adult bed bugs and the hard-to-see hatchlings on contact. Once the treatment has been made, you can immediately make up the bed.

Other deterrents to infestation include: plastic coverings on mattresses, frequent vacuuming and good hygiene. Due to the vulnerability of reinfestation, periodic treatment is required. Once a month you will want to mist behind the headboards and also mist and wipe down the nightstands and tables (both the top and bottom surfaces). Mist upholstered chairs and benches as well. Bed bugs have an attraction to wood and fabric more so than metal or plastic, so paying special attention to these surfaces will serve you well.

• Laura

Its harder then you think they live in the wood framing of the bed the box springs the matteress. and can spread to the living room. the rugs they are a hoorible thing to be infested with. Honestly you need to contact an exterminator. Some now use a trained dog to find them. the dog is like a blood hound and can smell them. After locating them in the bedroom they will walk the dog around the rest of the familys beds and in the living room to make sure your infestaion has not spread. I dont think any local store will carry the spray you can ask the exterminator you call to see if they sell something or know of where to go.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Bed Bug Spray????????

Source(s): bed bug spray: https://biturl.im/oSrFz
  • SusieQ

Ginny,

I am thinking that the spray you want is called BedBug Terminator by Kleen-Free.

I tkills them on contact. You need to spray it everywhere that they may be hiding and you need to repeat it everyday for about a month to likely get them all.

You also need to get your new neighbour to do the same!

Good luck

• buch

Microban X580