Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why didn't Obama simply answer the question about abortion?

Why say empty rhetoric?

Why not simply state: it is a woman's private choice, and I have no right to make that decision, but my own personal stance is XYZ?

@live better perhaps you need to research that.

• EZMZ
    Favorite Answer

You will find he is often evasive and not willing to take a firm stand on many issues so he wont have to do more flip-flops----so what comes out of his mouth is often confusing rhetoric.

because his writers where not there to answer his question . that's why he bumbled over ever question.he should said abortion is murder.if i ever saw a woman give birth to a beer can or head of lettuce or a football then i would said its a woman's choice but since every time its a human being i say its murder of your own child plain and simple a unnatural love for your own child.you can urge all you want its still murder murder murder.

He did. He said he was pro choice.

He is also not God, or a biologist so the exact moment an embryo becomes human. is not his field.

From the transcript:

Q.NOW, LET'S DEAL WITH ABORTION. 40 MILLION ABORTIONS SINCE ROE V. WADE. YOU KNOW, AS A PASTOR I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS ALL OF THE TIME. ALL OF THE PAIN AND ALL OF THE CONFLICTS. I KNOW THIS IS A VERY COMPLEX ISSUE. 40 MILLION ABORTIONS. AT WHAT POINT DOES A BABY GET HUMAN RIGHTS IN YOUR VIEW?

A. WELL, I THINK THAT WHETHER YOU ARE LOOKING AT IT FROM A THEOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVE OR A SCIENTIFIC PERSPECTIVE, ANSWERING THAT QUESTION WITH SPECIFICITY, YOU KNOW, IS ABOVE MY PAY GRADE. BUT LET ME JUST SPEAK MORE GENERALLY ABOUT THE ISSUE OF ABORTION BECAUSE THIS IS SOMETHING OBVIOUSLY THE COUNTRY WRESTLES WITH.

ONE THING THAT I'M ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED OF IS THERE IS A MORAL AND ETHICAL CONTENT TO THIS ISSUE. SO I THINK THAT ANYBODY WHO TRIES TO DENY THE MORAL DIFFICULTIES AND GRAVITY OF THE ABORTION ISSUE I THINK IS NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

SO THAT WOULD BE POINT NUMBER ONE. BUT POINT NUMBER TWO, I AM PRO-CHOICE. I BELIEVE IN ROE V. WADE AND COME TO THAT CONCLUSION NOT BECAUSE I'M PRO ABORTION, BUT BECAUSE ULTIMATELY I DON'T THINK WOMEN MAKE THESE DECISIONS CASUALLY. THEY WRESTLE WITH THESE THINGS IN PROFOUND WAYS. IN CONSULTATION WITH THEIR PASTORS OR SPOUSES OR THEIR DOCTORS AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS.

• Because he has no real position on anything. The only reason he's even made it this far is because the media has some schoolboy crush on him because he is (half) black. Jeez, I didn't like Hillary, but at least she took a stand on things.

• Power

He has answered this question many times. He wants it legal for a person to have health care rather than having to go back to the way they used to perform abortions before it was legal. He in NOT at all for late term abortions.

He went to church and tried to be a smart as* with the pastor of the 4th largest CHRISTIAN congregation in America and tried to DEFEND killing innocent children...this is so arrogant, so stupid, I am both shocked and amazed at the hubris of Obama...imagine what he would be like as President??????

• aelp

Because he has to try and appeal to everybody. All of his answers have to be wishy washy so that people are either confused or they think, well he didn't say "no."

Cause the guy does not believe in what he says, he's also a flip flopper. Go Ralph Nader!

Source(s): Someone who rattles the cages.

Because his own personal stance is that people should kill babies if they are an inconvenience. That might have lost him some votes, so it's easier to not talk about it. Besides, that's above his pay grade.

He gave an honest answer. McCain just flat out lied. He was not pro life all his 20+ years in the senate.