Are girls interested in shy sweet boys like me?

I am an 18 year old boy who has not had a girlfriend yet and only has a single girl friend. I am a shy person to begin with but once I feel comfortable with people I can be chatty at times. I am smart and I think I can be funny once you begin to understand and know my sense of humour. I think I'm an average... show more I am an 18 year old boy who has not had a girlfriend yet and only has a single girl friend.

I am a shy person to begin with but once I feel comfortable with people I can be chatty at times. I am smart and I think I can be funny once you begin to understand and know my sense of humour.

I think I'm an average looking guy. I am definitely not the hot type but I think I may have the shy, cute look going for me. However, because I'm shy, I think I may come across as being a bit boring at times. I'm not very good at showing emotions physically until I become more comfortable with people but I can be very happy and I am a generally optimistic person.

I'm not the type of boy who is interested in sex particularly. I would like a girlfriend who is shy and sweet. Someone I can trust a lot and talk to easily but I would love a girl who just wants some love through lots of hugs and cuddles.

Could you tell me if girls in general would like a guy like me.
Could you also tell me if you personally would be interested in dating in a boy like myself.

Thanks