Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Are genuine American Patriots correct to characterize Obama as "unpatriotic" and "weak" ?

According to Yahoo! News:

2 hours, 27 minutes ago

RENO, Nev. - So much for hugging in church. A day after Barack Obama and John McCain exchanged an embrace during a faith forum at a California megachurch, Obama called the U.S. economy a disaster thanks to "John McCain's president, George W. Bush," and chided his Republican rival's campaign team for trying to make him look unpatriotic and weak.

But Sunday, after praising the Arizona senator as a "genuine American patriot," the Democratic presidential hopeful got back to business

Obama added, "They say this other guy is unpatriotic, or this guy likes French people. That's what they said about Kerry,"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080818/ap_on_el_pr/ob...

Best Answer

There you are!!! thank god a voice of reason.. Rev these libs are killing me,Now McCain cheated..Cant they just accept that Obama is a loser...

Notice that Obama referred to John McCain's President. George W. Bush. He is not Obama's president since Obama did not vote for him.

Obviously, like many of his colleagues, Obama does not recognize the elected President of the United States as his own president. Obama's supporters and Obama himself have taken the decidely unAmerican position, that, if we do not like the leader of our country we do not have to listen to him or obey the laws.

This socialist is also a closet anarchist.

Well, shucks. He and Michelle don't really like this country. (if you don't believe me, ask Michelle) He eschews any American symbolism because "he doesn't want to take sides. (like whose side is HE on!)

John McCain's president is George W. Bush, cause the last time I looked he was EVERY American's president whether they like him or hate him.

So I'm not quite sure who Barry's president is (Mahmoud Ahmedinejad?) Doesn't sound very patriotic does it?

And crikey! He disintegrates when 7 year old girls throw those tough questions at him and quibbles on every issue. So I guess he's plenty weak.

The two foreign events during Obama's campaign, Iran and the Georgia invasion, show without a doubt Obama's weakness. Remember, unlike every president since roosevelt, except draft dodger clinton, Obama never served in the military.

You are so right here. Oh bummer has shown outright contempt for those of us who are patriotic. The colossal nerve of this lying, racist bigot!

The very LEAST that we require of a President is patriotism, all else follows from that.

If the Shoe fits wear it,This has to be the truest answer Obama has ever given

I think a lot of Obama supporters confuse the word "patriot" with "parrot".

The question is just loaded and is half a tick from being troll bait.

You're basically trying to say that because one says McCain is a geniune patriot that he should have free reign to call Obama whatever he wants.

Nothing that Obama said in that article took away from what he said about McCain.

I can't even really dissect what you are trying to say in your question, I'm guessing you're trying to ask if McCain is capable of saying Obama is unpatriotic and weak. Or perhaps you are trying to point out that you think Obama is a hypocrite. Either way it is phrased so poorly that it is neither witty nor intelligent and it shows when you choose to pull that message out of that article with your obvious level of reading comprehension.

• Erin

Judging someone's patriotism and character when you do not know them personally is so wrong and immoral - as a reverend I would hope that you would be trying to teach ME that.

I am not an Obama supporter but I imagine he likes this country but is taking the populace route and trying to turn us into a socialist democracy and away from a constitutional republic. To bad the public wants it.

He is way to fascist for me - way to many rules.

I am still looking for a candidate that is similar to our founders. Bob Barr is closest I guess next to Baldwin.

The last 8 years have been a disaster, how have they been good? I am conservative and Bush is exact opposite of what I was raised to believe in, I was raised republican too.

Most definitely!

Obama needs to try to remember what he said so he doesn't make himself look like the fool he is.

Vote Smart!

Consider Your Children and Grand-Children;

Their Future Is In Our Voting Hands!

United We Stand, Divided We Fall!

Obama is unpatriotic and weak? Yes, and his chances of becoming President are getting less and less as each day goes by.