Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

why was my period a lighter color than normal?

im 18 n my boyfriend n i have known each for 4 yrs 2 weeks ago we had sex for the first time n i was suposed to have my period the next day n i did but it was a lighter color than usual it was pretty average though however it was cut a day or two short is all so it was maybe 4 or 5 days long. what does it mean tht the color was lighter

Favorite Answer

its probably not because you had sex, your period just sometimes changes. the flow, the length, how heavy you are in the beg/end.

dont worry! the only bad sign is if the blood is a brown color throughout the length of your period, but a little brown in the beginning or end isnt bad either

When I lost my virginity...my bf told me to not be scared if I had light bleeding for a couple of days. So, that probably just blended in with your cycle and made it lighter. I waited until I was 18 too. I thought if I was going to have sex...I better be able to take care of a baby if I got pregnant. Plus, my brothers raised me after our parents died..i knew they would KILL ME if I came home pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!