Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

did dale earnhardt sr ever recieve a penalty from nascar ?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Oh yes ! he was fined and penalized plenty of times and they even threatened to throw him out of Nascar.

Source(s): H E N D R I C K~M O T O R S P O R T S~R U L E S ! ! ! ! !
  • 1 decade ago

Not only was he penalized but Bill France threatened to throw him out of NASCAR. If you ever have seen Days of Thunder the scene were Tom Criuse's character has to have dinner with him main rival was based on a dinner Dale had to have with Geoff Bodine and NASCAR where Bill France told them to stop beating on each other or he would throw them both out.

• 1 decade ago

yes he did! sometime yes he played dirty but most of the time

he didn't need to. and as far as his life style you know nothing about it

so some of you need to stick to what you know to be fact.you can bad mouth Jr all you want cause i like the fight but as far as Dale Sr let the man rest in peace!

• 1 decade ago

OMGoodness, he stayed in the Big Red Truck...lol

But he was a real racer and took it when deserved and dished it back out..lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah!! I think he had a chair with his name on it in the NASCAR trailer!!LOL!!

• Jeff C
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes....several. Some for "rough driving"; pit violations; etc. Even though he was the star....they didn't show him favortism in my opinion.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oh yea...He spent his share in the nascar hauler...Usually it was for driving aggressive.It was mostly in his later years of racing...I know that when he raced for petty enterprises the king had to tell him to mellow out more than a few times.

• 1 decade ago

oh yeah!! he knew the nascar hauler better than anyone. he had a standing invitation...

;-)

• 1 decade ago

Many times, but, he is still the best there ever was!!

Source(s): To Johnny Rotten-Dale Earnhardt Sr. NEVER raced for Petty Enterprises. And, If Dick Petty would have ever messed with Earnhardt, Petty would have gotten his a** handed to him.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, he did. Usually for being overly aggressive.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.