ecatalyst asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

Am I the only one who thinks Olympic diving announcer Cynthia Potter is the worst ever?!!?

She said heavier divers made tidal waves, that the divers shower after a dive "to have some fun," and my favorite: It's really important for synchronized divers to be in the same city. SHE'S AWFUL!!!

• Best Answer

I hate to be mean, but I agree with you. She is completely unprofessional and she doesn't seem to have any knowledge of the sport. Some of her comments are ones that I could have made ("that was a large splash" or "they were definitely off"), and I don't claim to be qualified to discuss diving. When she tries to sound like she's getting into the technical stuff, she ends up sounding idiotic, like when she said that the divers shower "to loosen up and have fun," which was utterly ridiculous. I'm not sure she has any clue what is going on. :(

• Stripe

I really wish another network would get the Summer Games, I've been putting up with these jokers since the 1980s

I think she may know Harry "Smokin" Potter if ya know what I mean! Why does no one give any credit to handball. Not that I am playing handball by myself. But just wondering!

I can't stand her voice and almost crapped my pants when she commented about the "tidal wave", kind of funny buy not really.

i know!

i can't stand her!

she always cuts the athletes off.

why is she even at the olympic games?

she's NOT a good reporter.

Clearly not another Jim McKay.

No, she's TIRED and dry. One Bronze?! Please...

Bitter doesn't look good at the Olympics.

Source(s): Um, watching the Olympics! NBC