why do mosquitos live on this planet?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, David Quammen had an interesting argument years ago: he said that mosquitoes are essentially the guardians of the tropics. The super-abundance of mosquitoes in the tropics, and the diseases they bring, has caused a lack of human development, and hence resource exploitation in the topics, saving the rain forests. Also, mosquitoes are a huge pollinator in the tropics as well as many other environments, further helping plants reproduce.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What other planet could they live on? Earth is the only planet known to have life.

Mosquitoes have been living on Earth longer than Humanity. How does that make you feel. A mere little insect is actually more powerful than any human.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there is atmospherearound the earth. so earth has rains. so naturally water gets stagnated and mosquitoes have a chance to breed by laying eggs in the stagnant water. so there are mosquitoes on earth and there are human beings their hosts for providing mosquitoes with blood. so when there is food and chances of breeding, mosquitoes can live on this earth.

• gaynor
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

so which you at the instant are not in favour of keeping species beware some organization could record a case against you . Mosquito got here into existence line of nature until eventually now humankind and that they do no longer choose greater time for creation , i do no longer think of that's plausible with present day organic and organic equipment.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because certain insects were made to annoy us. In the mosquito's case, there are certain times when they can be helpful. LIke drop a bag of mosquitos on the head of your worst enemy

• 1 decade ago

Like most parasites, their job is to kill off the weak animals. Its the great web of life, my friend. What would the bats and frogs get to eat if we didn't have so many mosquitos?

• 1 decade ago

They were placed on this planet to feed then spiders, and other creatures that in turn feed the larger creatues that in turn feed the larger creatures, and so on , and so on until you reach the level of the humans who eat as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know but then again everything on this planet has a purpose.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know, but I HATE them so much.

They eat me alive.

=[

• 1 decade ago

To suck our blood and make us itchy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.