how can i block telemarketing calls?

Favorite Answer

register your number with the telephone preference service (TPS) , all companies who make sales calls have a legal obligation to check this register before calling your number,

it is a free service and your phone provider can point you in the right direction.

or you could pay your provider to not let anonymous callers call you, but the TPS is free

go to www.donotcall.com and put your number on the list. Some will still call so I deal them a fit. Especially the one that says if you want your interest rate lowered press 1. If your not interested, press 2. I pressed 1 once because I thought it was a legitimate call from my credit card company because I had just called them about lowering my rate. Then I get this idiot that wants my personal information without disclosing the name or number he is calling from. Yea, like I'm giving that out over the phone. . . so I always press one and just piss them off and when I finally get them so made they are screaming, I ask them if they like being annoyed. . .If they have got me up, I figure I might as well make their day. . .OH and when they tell you that they are a nonprofit organization. . .tell them that they are required to screen their lists too. Nonprofit status does not give them any rights to bother people. If you can procure their name or number or both, you then go back to the sight and report them. It is said that they can be heavily fined for continuing to call people on the do not call list. There is supposed to be one for cell phones too but I have not gotten into that. I haven't been bothered on my cell phone yet but I'm sure I will be even more delightful when the call costs me so much per minute.

there is a thing called TPS (telephone preference service) which means, if you put your name on the register, it makes it illegal for companies to call you. you could probably sue them if they kept calling you.

too many call from teller marking

tell them to STOP CALLING ME

donotcall.gov