What are good books for 9 year old girls? (4th Grade)?

I was hoping that someone could give me some suggestions on good books for my little girl. She has to read 30 minutes a day. She is an outstanding reader, so needless to say we go through books very quickly. Do you know of any good books? If it helps any to know her grade she is in the 4th grade. Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

Dear IvY:

My daughter LOVED the American Girl series. These are stories about girls from many different countries and backgrounds that tell their stories about growing up in America. Some are historical fiction, some contemporary. Some are immigrants, some are not. The series presents a great basis for exposure to different countries and cultures.

The Little House series was also a favorite of mine, teaching 4th graders. Laura Ingalls Wilder is the author of these. If she likes mystery, my kids liked the Goosebumps series also.

With these, you'll find her reading far more than 30 minutes, so be prepared to have a bookworm in the house!!

Have a great summer.

Source(s): Teacher, 10 years.
  • magno

Books For 9 Year Old Girls

• lol21t

YES! I loved to read when I was younger too. These books have been around for years (except Harry Potter of course!)

I was never allowed to read Babysitter's Club or Sweet Valley High books. I'm not sure why but my mom didn't like what they taught I guess. However, I enjoyed the following books when I was younger:

Judy Blume books-the entire series

Goosebumps books (if she likes mysteries)

Beverly Cleary books-the entire series

The Lion, Witch and The Wardrobe

Katie Kittenheart

Charlotte's Web

Bunnicula

Little House in the Big Woods

Sarah, Plain and Tall

Caddie Woodlawn

How to Eat Fried Worms

Harry Potter

Pipi Longstocking

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (one of the many Judy Blume books)

I, Houdini

Stuart Little

The American Girl books

Sideways Stories from Wayside School

Cheaper by the Dozen

10 Kids, No Pets

The Madeline L'Engle books (A Wrinkle In Time, etc.)

Island of the Blue Dolphins

Harriet the Spy

The Phantom Tollbooth

The Boxcar Kids

Source(s): I'm a middle school teacher

The Poppy books by Avi. Midnight Magic (I think by Avi too). Murder mystery. The Giver (as said above) but it's a sad one. (by Lowry). Among the Hidden. This is a sad one too and deals with death and a lot of other scariness. The Search for Delicious by Babbit (so good, don't let the silly name put you off). An adventure story, one of my all-time favorites even still. The Phantom Tollbooth. An imaginative adventure. I started reading the Harry Potter series when I was her age. But they came out every year or two so I was older every time I read a new one, and they become adult very quickly so I'd probably hold out on those for a little while or space them out. The Laura Ingalls Wilder series was a favorite growing up. I always used to hate the show because of how inaccurate it was and took some serious life advice from Laura :) Caddie Woodlawn. much like Laura I. W. books but not a true story, which annoyed me because I wanted it to be true. Also: Our Only May Amelia. Same shebang. very good read, bit of a tear-jerker though at one part. ---- I just remembered Goose Chase by Kindl and Ella Enchanted. Both are fairytales/fairytale-esque without falling into the traps of making the girls either floozies or so masculine that you wonder if the author has some underlying issues.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I was hoping that someone could give me some suggestions on good books for my little girl. She has to read 30 minutes a day. She is an outstanding reader, so needless to say we go through books very quickly. Do you know of any good books? If it helps any to know her grade she is in the 4th grade....

Source(s): good books 9 year girls 4th grade: https://shortly.im/vQWJk

I've got a 10 year old sister and she's constantly reading something.. Typically the Babysitter's Club books, I had them when I was younger and I think we've probably got the whole set now, she goes through them like crazy.. Also Nancy Drew, American Girl, and anything about cats.. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and really all of the Narnia books were a big hit.. A Series of Unfortunate Events.. Any of the books in the Ramona Series, or really anything by Beverly Cleary, or the Amelia Bedelia books.. etc. =)

Hi,

Some books that I liked in 4th grade (3 years ago) were:

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (they have easier versions if she doesn't want to read the unabridged version)

The Ramona Series by Beverly Cleary (some books are: Ramona Forever, Ramona and Her Mother, Beezus and Ramona, and others)

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

The American Girl series by various authors (these books are about girls from all different time periods. The books usually have underlying lessons like, be kind, be helpful, etc. The website is here:

www.americangirl.com )

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

Happy reading to your little girl :)

Source(s): Was in 4th grade recently, forever a bookworm

When I was that age I loved the American Girl series. Also the Magic Tree House series was good. Oh and Secrets of Droon are good. If she is really a good reader you might be able to use the Harry Potter books. Thats all I can think of for now. Oh I hear the click series... I think thats what they are cool... but i am not sure what they are about and if they are appropriate. I am glad she loves to read that is so great. I hope you can find some good books for her.

• pauk

Good Books For 4th Graders

• Cheryl

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awJY7

His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman. The first book in the series is Northern Lights: When Lyra's friend Roger disappears, she and her daemon, Pantalaimon, determine to find him. Their quest leads them to the bleak splendour of the North where a team of scientists are conducting unspeakably horrible experiments. But something more perilous awaits Lyra. .... She should read the Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis. The chronological order is - 1. The Magician's Nephew 2. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe 3. The Horse and His Boy 4. Prince Caspian 5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 6. The Silver Chair 7. The Last Battle ..... Casson Family series by Hilary McKay. I adore these books. The first book in the series is Saffy's Angel: Close-knit and divinely eccentric, the family (under the not-so-stable guidance of their mother Eve and their weary father, Bill) chug along quite nicely until one day Saffron discovers she was adopted by the family following the death of her mother, Eve's twin sister. As Saffron tries to come to terms with the shocking news, her grandfather dies and bequeaths her a stone angel in his will. But where is it? Saffron, her remarkable family and her new found friend, Sarah, embark on a search that sees Saffy heading for Sienna in Italy while her brother and sisters determine to leave no stone unturned in their quest for the cherub they know will make all the difference in the world to their beloved adopted sister. ...... Has she read any Enid Blyton? Oldies but goodies. The Secret Island is a favourite of mine. She should start with a series.. maybe the Famous Five series, Adventure series or the Secret Seven series. ...... If she has not read Harry Potter or The Lord of the Rings... I implore that she does!