Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

my gums are puffy red and the doctor said i have gum diseas of gengivitous or something what do i need to buy?

I need to know everything that i need to buy like as in (brushing utensils) to help remove the plaque.

So..

what tooth paste, tooth brush, and mouthwash do i need to remove the plaque.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Colgate Total is the first toothpaste to be on the market and approved by the American Dental Association (ADA) at preventing and helping to cure gingivitis.

As for a tooth brush, use anything electrical because your teeth get cleaner using them rather than a regular manual one.

The mouthwash is completely up to you. There are some mouthwashes on the market that can help prevent and cure gingivitis, so try to get one of those. But, in reality, all mouthwash pretty much does the same job.

Rather than all of that, make sure to floss your teeth two times a day!!! Flossing is the only way to get rid of your gingivitis. Brushing and mouthwash helps, but flossing gets the job done. I recommend those flossers (not regular dental floss) because they are easy to use and reach the back teeth that usually contain the most plaque. And don't feel frustrated if your gingivitis doesn't go away as soon as you hope it does. It usually takes around 4-6 months if you brush, floss and use mouth wash two to three times a day. Also, ask your dentist to do a deep cleaning. Everyone needs to get them done ever 5 or so years I think, but it will remove all of the hard tartar and plaque, making your gingivitis go away even faster! I hope I helped and good luck! :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Any soft toothbrush and toothpaste will work. You need to use it at least twice a day. Floss with any brand you prefer, at least once a day, preferably twice. When you brush, angle it towards your gums and brush thoroughly in circular, back and forth, and up and down motions. Try to get every surface of each tooth. It wouldn't hurt to use a mouthwash once a day either.

Make your last brush and flossing of the day, just before bedtime. While we sleep, our mouths stop producing saliva. This gives bacteria a chance to multiply - the kind of bacteria that causes gingivitis. That's why it's a good idea to go to bed with very clean teeth.

If you take extra good care of your teeth right now, and keep seeing the dentist as needed, it may not develop into periodontal disease. Hope this helps.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The use of natural oral care products are helpful for adults and children as it can help protect teeth from oral bacteria causing gum infections. Have a dental visit, specially if you have problems with cavities. Prevent gum disease or gum infection by brushing teeth twice a day, floss teeth thoroughly, eat a balanced diet and make sure that you regularly visit your dentist for check ups and cleanings. Do not use tobacco products. A big part of good oral health is knowing how to brush and floss the right way. Take the time to brush carefully and gently along the gum line. Scraping tongue can also be helpful. Keep your gums and teeth healthy with the use of dental floss as it can help remove plaque and food debris that a brushing cannot reach and clean.

for more tips on how to naturally treat gum disease visit http://www.oramd.com

• 1 decade ago

You will need to floss much more often as this is imperative to maintain healthy gums. My friend went through this exact same thing and his dentist blasted the gingivitis off. This method removed it completely.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I also have Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) and my Dentist recommended Corsedyl Mouthwash and Corsedyl Oral Gel which you can use to brush your teeth like toothpaste or massage into your gums. It really helps.

Source(s): Medical background
  • 1 decade ago

try to find out if the redness/ gingivitis is due to local factors like dental plaque or calcalus (tarter) in which case scaling and polishing the teeth will help. If the cause is systemic (secondarily due to some other yet undetected disease process) the line of treatment will be entirely different.Discuss at length with your dentist.

• 1 decade ago

You must also floss every day in addition to brushing twice a day.An electric tooth bush is what my Dentist recommended and it helped.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You need to go to a dentist, soon. Gum and mouth disease can be fatal. You may need periodontal care which means a deep root cleaning and scraping. At the very least, you'll loose your teeth if you put it off.

• 1 decade ago

Yes flossing is important and it will be uncomfortable at first as your gums will bleed. Brush floss and also use listerine. It will save your teeth and prevent even more serious diseases related to gingevitis...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Flossing is very important! Floss at least once a day yet even more. Try using a Crest electric toothbrush, Crest Pro Health toothpaste, and Listerine mouthwash, it works the BEST especially if you do have gingivitis.

answer mine? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200808...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.