ARMY 2-2-2 physical fitness test?

I can pass the BCT graduation 2min. pushup and situp requirements but I'm barely passing the 1 mile in 8:30 BCT entrance requirement and cant run more than that to save my life, I ship in a couple days and am pretty worried, what happens if I fail my first 2-2-2?

Favorite Answer

As noted, you will be placed in a PT program to help you get your run time down.

As it stands, you only need to pass the Army APFT scoring 50 pts or more each exercise. I don't know your age, so we can't tell what that number is. However, you should be shooting for 60 pts or more because your unit will expect you to perform at a level higher than BCT.

Many good leaders have started in remidial PT, so don't let that get you down. Perform well. Do as your Drill Sergeant tells you. Talk to the Sergeant that is training you. KEEP RUNNING and know that when you make sergeant, and have a troop who is performing badly in the run, you will come back at him or her with your personal story and how you overcome.

Source(s): You can do it! --An Army Officer

For the sit-ups, do more sit-ups. If I remember its as many as you can do in 2 minutes. Get your body used to doing the situps by breaking it down to sets with rest. Gradually decreasing the rest. For example, do sets of 20 with one minute rest between each set. Drop the rest interval down to the point where you are doing one big set. I'd stretch this out over a few weeks and not do too much too soon. For the running I'd work on doing intervals on a track. Pick a target time for your 2 mile, lets say 12 minutes. Your interval pace will be the equivalent of 6 minute miles or a little faster. Specific workouts could be 8 x 400 meters in 85 seconds with 200 m easy jog between. Another could be 5 x 800 at 2:55 w/ 300m rest. Finally, my favorite, 5 x 1000 in 3:40. Good luck

If you fail the final PT test at the end you will be recycled back a class and continue to train until you pass the PT test. I wouldn't worry about failing the test. The Physical training at BCT will prepare you to pass the PT Test. So continue to push yourself and remember that the biggest obstacle to passing is just getting into your own head and telling yourself that you can pass the test and forcing yourself to push harder even when you don't want to.

if you fail the mile at initial reception, they stick you in FTU (fitness training unit) which adds time onto your basic training....its looks really annoying....never happend to me, but it looked like the people it happend to were suffering pretty bad.....reception sux anyway....and if you fail that first mile run, you've just prolonged it and made it worse....

The test today is so incredibly lame, my great grandmother could pass blind folded with ankle weights on! If you can't pass this test, they really don't want you!

222? That sounds stupid.