Is 30 years old too late to be entering the professional world?

This is a continuation of another question of mine. I want to graduate with an MCS(Mstr of Computer Science), MIS(Mstr of Information Systems), BS in Computer Science, BS in Computer Engineering and a minor in sociology. I guess I feel like 30 years old is kind of late in the game, seeing as all the years i will have to make up for in real world experience in my desired fields. I suppose I need words of advice and encouragement. I feel as though I will be out of my prime and that this is all a lost cause. I am 23 years old right now and I understand it will take about 7 years to get the degrees I desire. Please help me!!

• CPG
    Favorite Answer

You will be surprised. 27-30 years old is about normal these days for those entering the professional services.

I went to CCD (Community College of Denver) when I was 20, transfered to CU (University of Colorado) when I was 22. By the time I was 27 I had graduated CU with four Bachelor's degrees and I then went onto Denver University's Sturm College of Law and Denver University's Daniels College of Business to complete a J.D/MBA (duel degree) in four years, this is my final semester. I will be nearly 31 years old once I graduate.

So yes, it may seem like a long road, but in reality, it is not. I have accomplished so much in 10 years; 4 Bachelor's Degrees and two professional degrees.

Trust me, 7 years is nothing. Get started, you won't regret a second.

I'm just starting on college and I asked a similar question earlier, I'm 36 and by the time I'm all done I'll be 40-42. Everyone says I'm not to old so then your really not to old.

As Ann landers once said - how old will you be in 7 years if you don't get that degree?