Greatest Operating System ever?

I've had experience only with the Windows OSes from 95 (limited) all the way up through Vista. I have tried Mac OS X for extremely limited amounts of time. In my opinion, either 98 or XP was the greatest OS. Vista has flaws but with 2+ GB memory it can be nice. What say you? Details if possible to, thanks.
Update: In all respect, damnyankeega, the progression of OSes has always brought about higher required specs. While Vista required a disproportionate leap in minimum specs, every OS since the first has needed ever increasing speed and processor power to run efficiently. For instance, people complained when Windows 95... show more In all respect, damnyankeega, the progression of OSes has always brought about higher required specs. While Vista required a disproportionate leap in minimum specs, every OS since the first has needed ever increasing speed and processor power to run efficiently.

For instance, people complained when Windows 95 was released and said it required too much RAM at what? 28 MBs? To say that 2 GB of memory is excess of what should be needed is like saying that a sports car should run on a Model-Ts engine.

PS: I'm not defending Vista, I'm defending MS.