When you're hiring a web designer to build a website for you, what do you need to include in the contract?

I have purchased a domain name for my new site, and am looking for someone to build it. I posted it on a freelance site and have been receiving a lot of quotes. I'm going to use escrow to pay for the services, but what do I need to include in the contract? I'm looking for the developer to host it as well, but want to make sure that I still have full control and ownership over the site. I've heard horror stories about sites being pulled down without the owners consent. What happens if their company goes out of business? What if I want to change web developers or hosting packages later on? Would it be better if purchased my hosting independently from the same company I purchased my domain name from?

Best Answer

buy from reliable sites like, yahoo.com, netfirms.com, google.com

can you tell what kind of website you want to build? I am web developer I can help you out....

Don't let them host it you will run into problems. I'm a web developer and I always advise my client to get there own hosting. Trust me.

Beware really cheap bids. You will get what you pay for on this world.

Regards,

Glenn