A* asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

Expired jello okay to eat?

I just made jello shots and i looked on the package and it was expired in 2005. Everyone i talked to said that the jello doesn't actually go bad, and no one will get sick. It was packaged up and looked perfectly fine. any inputs? Thanks! :)

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it should be fine. i don't think jello is prone to odd organisms growing on it like fresh food is.

plus, you guys will probably drink/eat so many of them you will be sick to your stomach and throwing up anyway!! haha have fun!!

i actually own a book called Jiggelo that is a bunch of jello shot recipes!!! yummy! you should check it out!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Expired jello okay to eat?

I just made jello shots and i looked on the package and it was expired in 2005. Everyone i talked to said that the jello doesn't actually go bad, and no one will get sick. It was packaged up and looked perfectly fine. any inputs? Thanks! :)

Source(s): expired jello eat: https://shortly.im/T2NLI
  • 1 decade ago

That is the sell by date, not the expiration date as if jell stuff and sugar would go bad!

Did it jell well? then nothing is wrong with it.

I did get weevils in a box of Knox jelatin that got pushed back into the corner. GRRRRR! It actually had a sell by date of 1987 I think!

I think most of the regular jello still in my bucket is about that old. Nothing wrong with it at all. I don't eat the regular with sugar in it and don't like the stuff with synthetic sugars, so it will probably still be ther in another 10 years unless my grand children want to make and eat it.

• I think it is okay to eat if it looks okay it has the expiration date for a couple of reasons so you just don't keep it in a cupboard and let it get weevils and also it can grow a bacteria if set for a long time but it it probably is okay to eat dont worry! :) hope this helps!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's got an expiry date on it for a reason...

If it was a few days out of date, I'd understand, but it's 3 YEARS out of date. I wouldn't put that in my body.

• 1 decade ago

Eat don't worry about it at all. If it was milk or cheese that would be a different story.

• 1 decade ago

if you get sick its probably not because of the jello :P

lol

• 4 years ago

Uh no I bet it wnt tastes good

• Jin
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Think it's fine if it looks alright. Even if something goes wrong, don't think you'll get sick

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think that it will be ok...it is only jello

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.