promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How to pronounce "Egon Schiele" (artist)?

Egon Schiele was a Austrian artist in the early 20th century. I love his artwork so I want to pronounce his name correctly :)

So, do you pronounce his first name like "E-gone" or "Egg-on" or? and what about his last name?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

E -gone Sheila

The E at the end of his last name is pronounced like an a - or an e with an acute accent in French.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • vereen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Egon Schiele Pronunciation

• 1 decade ago

As you can see from some of your other answers, it's perfectly acceptable to anglicize pronunciations. Lord Byron was even insistent that his version of the Don Juan story be pronounced "JEW-an." German is a language very much like the German and Austrian people: the rules are fewer than in English, but stuck to more closely. Egg-an is a good approximation, though the e sound is halfway between a short e and a long a sound in American English. And you don't have to learn any "i before e" rules, because ie is always pronounced like an English ee (long e). The "sheila" in the above answer is a good one.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to pronounce "Egon Schiele" (artist)?

Egon Schiele was a Austrian artist in the early 20th century. I love his artwork so I want to pronounce his name correctly :)

So, do you pronounce his first name like "E-gone" or "Egg-on" or? and what about his last name?

Source(s): pronounce egon schiele artist: https://tr.im/bXYdm
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Chez nous en France, on prononce Egone (avec à la fin un E silencieux) Chile (avec à la fin un E très prononcé).

• 1 decade ago

Having the Schiele name in my family background, I can tell you that it is pronounced "She Luh." It will stem for the German word Schule(r), which means school, or student. It also helps to know German. "i-e" dipthongs have the e pronounced and the final e on a word like that is pronounced like "uh"

• 1 decade ago

Eegone sheel

• 1 decade ago

EEE- gone

Sheee'll

• EEEEG-AHHHHHHHHH-N SHEEEEL

, the first answer is also right :D

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.