How to pronounce "Egon Schiele" (artist)?

Egon Schiele was a Austrian artist in the early 20th century. I love his artwork so I want to pronounce his name correctly :)

So, do you pronounce his first name like "E-gone" or "Egg-on" or? and what about his last name?

Favorite Answer

E -gone Sheila

The E at the end of his last name is pronounced like an a - or an e with an acute accent in French.

• vereen

Egon Schiele Pronunciation

As you can see from some of your other answers, it's perfectly acceptable to anglicize pronunciations. Lord Byron was even insistent that his version of the Don Juan story be pronounced "JEW-an." German is a language very much like the German and Austrian people: the rules are fewer than in English, but stuck to more closely. Egg-an is a good approximation, though the e sound is halfway between a short e and a long a sound in American English. And you don't have to learn any "i before e" rules, because ie is always pronounced like an English ee (long e). The "sheila" in the above answer is a good one.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): pronounce egon schiele artist: https://tr.im/bXYdm

Chez nous en France, on prononce Egone (avec à la fin un E silencieux) Chile (avec à la fin un E très prononcé).

Having the Schiele name in my family background, I can tell you that it is pronounced "She Luh." It will stem for the German word Schule(r), which means school, or student. It also helps to know German. "i-e" dipthongs have the e pronounced and the final e on a word like that is pronounced like "uh"

Eegone sheel

EEE- gone

Sheee'll

• EEEEG-AHHHHHHHHH-N SHEEEEL

, the first answer is also right :D