Is this a GOOD computer for this price?[want to play sims2 pc]?

I've been looking FOREVER to find a computer so that I can edit videos for youtube AND to play sims 2 pc. I finally found this one after Many many comparasins, It looks GREAT because of the memory and everything, but I need a SMART person's opinion lol: so take a look please:

http://www.buy.com/prod/hp-pavilion-s3220n-slimlin...

now I heard something about a video card needed, would i need one for this computer? and if so, what is it called

[i can buy it at buy.com] and how do i intstal it?lol

Update:

OMG THANK YOU GUYS OH SOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEEDDED this help like u would not believe!! :) thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

That thing will do what you need with no problem right out of the box. The big factor for video editing and playing Sims 2 is to have a dedicated graphics card, which that already has. It has 128mb of dedicated graphics memory, which isn't out of this world but it is definitely sufficient for video editing and smooth graphics simulation in Sims 2. I had a Dell laptop with only 64mb of dedicated video memory and even that played Sims 2 just fine. I'd say go for it if it's in your price range, I don't think you'll be sorry.

• 3 years ago

You for sure do no longer understand what you're conversing approximately. laptop capacity pc. Apple desktops are very own desktops, are not they? No? Then tell me what they're, please. A " laptop " will possibly in no way final as long? it style of feels to me you think of that Apple makes use of magical hardware or something. It would not. or in line with possibility you think of the OS is stronger? each and every thing has that's issues, even no rely if that's in keeping with BSD, yet I guess you probably did no longer even understand that. I actually have a Dell from 2001 that works wonderful. Apple desktops do no longer use magical hardware that in no way breaks, please understand that. that's laptop illiterate people who won't be able to make desktops final.

• 1 decade ago

That is a pretty good pc for the price, more ram would be nice but for that price I would definetly go for it. As for video it should have it in it. On the back of the sims box it tells you what kind you need or better just in case that pc doesn't have one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can find better deals on eBay. but you can play sims 2 on that PC.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you can find a much better one for cheaper on ebay or craigslist.

Or you can get a Laptop which will be much better for you.

Source(s): I have had about 5 laptops in the last 2 years...and 6 desktops(last 4 years)
  • 1 decade ago

you need a better video card

you have:

nVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics card

you need a nVIDIA GeForce 7200 SE Graphics card or better for gaming and video editing

Source(s): me
  • 1 decade ago

this one is good u don't need the card

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.