When is Shab e barat?

Does it actually start the night before the 15th day of Shaban or after? I think that Islamically, days start at sundown of the night before. Am I right? So is tonight the night for praying forgiveness or was it actually last night?
Update: Shi'a, really? I have heard about it for many years, that it was like a Sunnah thing, not necessarily just Shi'a. That it is was a night that you stay up and pray and read Qur'an, dhikr and make make dua and such. I am not Shi'a so I am not really interested in the any of the Imam's birthdays,... show more Shi'a, really? I have heard about it for many years, that it was like a Sunnah thing, not necessarily just Shi'a. That it is was a night that you stay up and pray and read Qur'an, dhikr and make make dua and such. I am not Shi'a so I am not really interested in the any of the Imam's birthdays, no offence to anyone.
8 answers