I have a sucky GPA...... can i get into west virginia university with this..?

as an out of state (VA) can i get in with a 2.3 GPA? i havent taken my SAT's yet but im taking them in sept. (im going into my senior year.) i've been a varsity cheerleader all 4 years, i've had a job for all 4 years, played lacrosse for one year, and also was on a allstar cheerleading team for 2 years. my older brother also attends WVU. do i have a CHANCE of getting accepted here?

i'd really like to apply as early as possible and im also going into my senior year so i don't have much time to raise my GPA. so if i can write an awesome letter and apply early with this.. do you think i'd have a chance?

Favorite Answer

This is directly from this site http://www.arc.wvu.edu/admissions/urequire_main.ht...

Nonresidents must have at least a 2.5 grade-point average and either a composite ACT score of 21 or a combined Math and Critical Reading SAT score of 990.

My advice to you would be to just work your butt off on raising your GPA a few tenths. It shouldnt be that hard.. Just put in a little more effort than you have in the past and you will definitely have a chance.

Good luck! Go 'Eers! =)

The colleges are gonna view all ur GPAs in the 4 yrs of high schools. But its really hard to get in a goood college with a GPA of 2.3. You also need so many other activities ( sports, music, volunteeeer)

WVU is probably one of the easiest universities to get into. I could've failed my entire senior year in high school and still have gotten in. The school's rep as a party powerhouse probably has something to do with it.

I think you do. You might just have to bring you GPA up and get a good score on the ACT and SAT.

Good luck!