How do I get around this tampon problem?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I can't use tampons because they say you need to relax your muscles to get it in I got one in, but could not get it in all the way but because I was tense. Whenever I go to ...show more
Update : ?? Wth to the answer about the wrong hole. I know where my butt is, and ...show more
Update 2: I know it doesn't hurt, and I am using the smallest tampons I could ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
  • ~La~ answered 6 years ago
Try taking a deep breath and as you blow the breath out put the tampon in.

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Good idea! I'll try that
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (20)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Gracie L answered 6 years ago
    Why aren't you relaxing? It doesn't hurt. I repeat, it doesn't hurt. So, don't stress out about it. I guess if all else fails wear a pad.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • corn_worrior answered 6 years ago
    Angle the tampon slightly upwards. Try a smaller size too, a regular or a light, or whatever its called.

A menstrual cup you have to insert with your fingers, and it sits right up near your cervix where you stick a tampon in and it covers all of the vagina up.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • O_oBubblesO_o answered 6 years ago
    I don't know because I am having the same problem only I am 12 almost 13 and had my first period about a month ago and haven't told my mom yet {i know I know:( } and I can't wear tampons yet so I end up with blood stained undies and dirty tampons
    • 3
    • Comment
  • babydoll33012 answered 6 years ago
    You should try squatting and use a little bit of lube on the applicator.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Naomi P answered 6 years ago
    I use a menstrual cup and LOVE it. I've gone back to tampons when I left it it home while I was traveling and it was a revelation to me. Tampons are so much more uncomfortable than the cups. I've used both the diva cup and the moon cup. I'd think that they diva cup would be better for you because it is slightly easier to get in, though is smaller. You may still have a hard time but you don't have to change the cups nearly as much. You may still find it hard to get in though, so I would suggest just trying to relax. I found that practicing putting it in before my period started really helped when I did start. And don't put it in over the toilet the first time in case you drop it. It didn't happen to me but that would be a bad situation.

Good luck and I applaud you for talking about your problem honestly and without shame. We should be able to talk about such things.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • jennamorse53 answered 6 years ago
    Just try and relax. You can buy smaller ones at the store if you are using a big tampon
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Jennifer answered 6 years ago
    If "larger things have been up there...", HOW do you relax then? It's the same thing. Perhaps it's psychological.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • writteninshadows answered 6 years ago
    just relax if bigger things have been up there its not a big deal try one with a plastic applicator they go in smoother
    • 2
    • Comment
  • <33 answered 6 years ago
    go pee before and justtake deep breaths.go to tampax.com for more tips
    • 1
    • Comment
  • ChasyR answered 6 years ago
    well i have had this problem before okay first off you have to actually be on your period or it hurts like crazy , next try starting out with a smaller tampon if you are using regulars also , when i put one in me i just sit on the toilet but the tampon directions say that you can prop your leg up but you can really go into a public restroom and prop your leg up so just sit on the toilet and use two fingers to spread open your ...area... and slip it in...

Source(s):

personal experience
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Looola answered 6 years ago
    you can buy tampax applicator tampons and they are a life savor.
    it doesnt hurt nearly as much. ive had my period for three years and ive had a lot of experience with tampons. with the applicator tampons you dont have to put your fingers inside of you. its really easy. i still cant use any other tampons because it is too uncomfortable but applicator tampons are really simple and easy to use. good luck!
    :)
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Jessica answered 6 years ago
    A menstrual cup is worn inside the body, so it might not be a good alternative for you. Have you ever tried lubricating the tampon? A little Vaseline or KY on the outside would help you insert it. Next time you try to use one, think about something pleasant, not the fact that you are worried you won't be able to get it in. Do anything that normally helps you relax, as the muscles you need will relax along with the rest of your body. If it doesn't work out, it's not something to feel bad about. Good luck!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Jessica L answered 6 years ago
    1st of all i didnt need to no that bigger things went up ur hole, but probably you shouldnt be all tense up
    • 2
    • Comment
  • cobrastarship answered 6 years ago
    try to distract yourself or somthign
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Kipani answered 6 years ago
    Buy the juniors.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Doc answered 6 years ago
    I could say a lot about stress, anxiety etc., but I suggest you see a doctor about an issue regarding improper location of the uterus and cervix, or "tilted womb".

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • tylerdurdensglove answered 6 years ago
    The cup goes inside, so it will be more challenging for you.

I think you need to become more comfortable with your own body. If you don't currently masturbate, get on with it. It will benefit you in many ways over the long haul. You really need to get used to, and understand all of your body.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • blondie answered 6 years ago
    Wear a pad.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • dylan b answered 6 years ago
    you need more @@@@ INSTEAD OF TAMPONDS just admit it your just not ready yet!!!!!!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • VB answered 6 years ago
    Maybe your putting it in the wrong hole? Or use lube. If you can't get it in you don't have a vagina. Lol, I mean that in a nice way dear. But there is no way or no reason why it shouldn't go in.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock