How do I get around this tampon problem?

I can't use tampons because they say you need to relax your muscles to get it in I got one in, but could not get it in all the way but because I was tense. Whenever I go to attempt putting a tampon in, I tense up and can't get it in. Its not like it wont fit, because...well, larger things have been up... show more I can't use tampons because they say you need to relax your muscles to get it in

I got one in, but could not get it in all the way but because I was tense.

Whenever I go to attempt putting a tampon in, I tense up and can't get it in.

Its not like it wont fit, because...well, larger things have been up there, but I tense up too much.

Would a menstrual cup be an alternative for me? Because I'm not sure if its inside you like a tampon or not.

And if you don't know about that....Is there a way I can calm down when trying to use a tampon? I've wasted a whole box trying on several periods.

I've had my period for 4 years, and I'm 17 in 2 weeks. Its starting to bother me that I'll be a senior and never successfully worn a tampon
Update: ?? Wth to the answer about the wrong hole. I know where my butt is, and no tampon is going to fit in my urinary tract. I know where my vagina is, sweetcheeks.
Update 2: I know it doesn't hurt, and I am using the smallest tampons I could find

:(
21 answers