iceman
iceman asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Reps & Cons:Do you finally admit that your old and obsolete war based economy has failed miserably?

http://money.cnn.com/quote/chart/charts.popup.html...

Now are you ready to join the rest of the civilized world, and use Science and logic to overhaul the US economy?

And change the US stone aged foreign policy?

Not a "War Based Economy" ? Please study the chart and all of the similar ones just prior and after every war we ever engaged in, study them carefully please ! If you understand it I'm pretty sure you'll agree with me.

Thanks for all your wonderful inputs, I'm honored by each and every one of your answers.

My Best Regards to you all.

Favorite Answer

Sorry but Science and logic have moved to India and China, that's why our economy sucks. Unions are the cause of the downfall in America.

My sources:

Trade Unions Destroy a Million Jobs.

Page 1. Page 2. Page 3. Page 4. Page 5. Page 6.

www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/ abs/10.1111/j.1468-0270.1982.tb00412.x

CNN.com - Tech jobs leave U.S. for India, Russia - Jul. 14, 2003

Some say sending jobs abroad may cause American tech workers' wages to stagnate ... whose 275-member union is asking Congress to study and possibly regulate ...

www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/ 07/14/moves.offshore.ap/index.html - 43k -

Australian unions help destroy thousands of airline jobs

The Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) and its affiliates are playing a key role in allowing the management of the country's two main ...

www.wsws.org/articles/2001/oct2001/ans-o19.shtml - 20k

Airline Unions, ALPA, Kamikaze Unions, Crash of the Legacy Airlines

The real culprit, which has led to so much misery and loss of jobs. Union "Victory" at Eastern Airlines: Better to destroy jobs than to work free of union ...

www.airlinesafety.com/Unions/ - 9k -

Have Union Leaders Destroyed Manufacturing by Oscar Harward

Have Union Leaders Destroyed Manufacturing. ... Is Sweeney out to destroy America? Look at the history's economic leadership under President Sweeney. ...

www.theconservativevoice.com/article/33247.html - 29k

American Axle Strike: Unions Continue to Kill U.S. Manufacturing ...

Mar 4, 2008 ... LMAO, unions can destroy a business if they make demands that are out ... before we completely destroy manufacturing in the United States. ...

seekingalpha.com/article/ 67124-american-axle-strike-unions-continue-to-kill-u-s-manufacturing - 236k

Unions destroy the American way! > Logan Utah, Cache Valley ...

I find it interesting how the Herald Journal was quick to remove from the “articles receiving most comments” Dee Hansen’s letter published on 11/27/2007.

www.loganutah.com/Forums/tabid/ 60/forumid/33/postid/1394/view/topic/Default.aspx - 37k

How unions destroy support industries - Tammy McCutchen ...

How unions destroy support industries - Tammy McCutchen - Department of Labor - Zimbio.

www.zimbio.com/Tammy+McCutchen+-+Department+of+Labor/ news/IYhaUeiwJW9/How+unions+destroy+support+industries - 43k -

Unions force workers to knees - alt.politics.conservative | Google ...

Local: Tues, Jul 29 2008 8:37 am. Subject: Unions force workers to knees ... in addition to regular union dues. Unions that fail to meet the requirement ...

groups.google.com/group/alt.politics.conservative/ browse_thread/thread/6a7bcfa75e98aa91 - 56k

GM plants hit by UAW strike - Sep. 24, 2007

Sep 24, 2007 ... The United Auto Workers union set an 11 am ET Monday strike deadline for ... It sold close to 1 in 3 cars purchased in the United States as ...

money.cnn.com/2007/09/24/news/ companies/gm_uaw_strikedeadline/index.htm - 51k -

The Prague Post Online: Business: Siemens plant shutdown roils ...

Jul 30, 2008 ... Siemens plant shutdown roils union leaders. Workers debate closure of Zličín rail factory By Claire Compton Staff Writer, The Prague Post ...

www.praguepost.com/articles/2008/ 07/30/siemens-plant-shutdown-roils-union-leaders.php

Hey, Teacher Union! Leave Those Kids Alone!: Props 74 and 75 could ...

Nov 4, 2005 ... And if the union had to justify and explain the causes on which it spent ... Reading Racial Tea Leaves Is there sinister subtext in John ...

www.reason.com/news/show/32993.html - 34

I don't understand why you seem to think that we have a "war based economy"! We have a consumer based economy which is some of the reason we have issues. Instead of working at Starbucks we should be building power plants, mass transit, road maintenance, welding and manufacturing. We could then make what we need at home, we would have less of many things, but still plenty!!! In addition I don't see how science and logic can be used to overhaul the economy. We have a free market economy not a centrally planned one!!!

• keith

Yeah, because when the US economy bombs, the rest of the world and their "scientific economy" sure does just fine. It's amazing that the most "logical" economist to come out of the liberal side of things (Keynes) is the reason that our government and economy is the way it is now. Ron Paul (a true Republican and Conservative) is all about the Austrian Economists who most of the "logical" academics state are the ones who offer the best solution for today's global economy.

So yeah its the Conservatives who have ruined everything not the Liberal BIG GOVERNMENT saves all philosophy.

Source(s): Revolution

Rest of the civilized world?

The same civilized world that had more wars in a month than the United States had in its 232 year existance?

Its so ironic how Europeans tend to forget about their little tainted past.

Is this kind of like when we were at war with germany after japan attacked us - and then we had food shortages + rations, and then a booming economy? Under dem FDR?

Maybe the problem is that now the press fights the wars instead of the soldiers, and we haven't tightened our rations enough.

• yjpper

Yes, Mr. Ego, as long as you can get Russia, Iran, Lebanon and Syria to agree as well. Utopia, here we come. IceMan will lead us to that perfect world.

Hey, if they want to keep their deficit in the trillions, let 'em. All the better for the rest of the world. No one deserves neo-con Americans. Not even America.

Apparently the neocons haven't learned that lesson yet. Maybe we can use science to wipe the CFR out of existence. Maybe some kind of helmut where we put it on our heads and forget Faux news ever existed.

• breier

I had some memorable moments and a few would possibly no longer have failed yet they have been extremely risky and that i grow to be afraid my acquaintances have been harm. One time me and a buddy double chokeslammed my different buddy precise on the floor yet he hit his head in this flower pot and that i grow to be anxious my buddy grow to be harm too badly because of the fact he grow to be out. My different accident had to be whilst i attempted the STFU on a buddy and my buddy have been given knocked out and once I enable bypass his nostril hit the floor and that sprained his nostril. All this got here approximately long term in the past. I did the sharpshooter on a buddy and as he grow to be mendacity on the floor he grow to be giggling jointly as i grow to be employing tension. yet over again i grow to be doing pedigree and that i did no longer think of the floor grow to be annoying and that i hit my knees on the floor they weren't harm nevertheless i felt advantageous here day. yet over again i attempted to do the Jeff Hardy leaping on somebody and hitting the different guy or woman yet rather my feet hit the floor and it harm like crap for a pair seconds. properly i do no longer do wrestling maneuvers anymore and save on with the advice of "do no longer attempt this at domicile." WQ: confident Evan Bourne is basically too watered down. I observed his movies in Japan and stuff and dissimilar the maneuvers he pulled off have been surprising. Evan Bourne is a style of intense fliers which could do intense danger variety of wrestling and wrestle whilst needed. whilst he grow to be wrestling as Matt Sydal he grow to be surprising and did lots of large tag group strikes along with his companions. I m ill of wwe watering down superstars as much as the element we in basic terms see a million/2 a celebrity's potential. Wrestlers like CM Punk Chris Jericho and lots of others are lots greater advantageous at wrestling then they're interior the wwe and we gained't even see an entire wrestling tournament with wrestlers at their superb. Even till now his return he tried new maneuvers and appeared much less watered down yet now he's different and much less exciting then he grow to be till now.

Libs: are you ready grow up and start living in the real world yet?