Are you good at proof reading?

I have to write a story on a fake prompt for my journalism class.

I'm 15 years old, and not perfect at proper punctuation.

Here it is:

Armageddon Comes with Your Remote Control

By: John Scala

A Sunday afternoon, loathingly lounging on your sofa. You grab the remote control and press the power button, four hours later parts of the country are in a state of chaos. Red skies, a towering mushroom cloud, screams of absolute terror. One would think such a thing only exists in the thoughts of Nostradamus, or the book of Revelations.

Your remote control has just launched a nuclear arm, hidden deep in the vast jungles of Russia. They were left to rot after the down fall of the soviet union, but are still very active, and pointed in the direction of the United States largest city. Once on the desk, in Stalin’s office, was a button with the main purpose of launching these weapons.

Remote controls work with only certain devices that have the same code programmed into hard drive. The average remote has a very limited range of radar communication with the television. Until the universal remote control flooded the shelves of electronic stores everywhere. They have a much higher range than the average remote.

The fear of the U.S. government is that satellites with direct communication to Russia can catch up on a remote control signal and send it beaming across the world, consequently activating the nuclear weapons. Billy Bob of South Dakota trying to get his way to a senator at the state capital spoke with me after being thrown out.

“It’s a scary thought, I just hope that the Russian and U.S. government will be able to put differences aside to ensure the safety of millions of lives here in our homeland.”

Millions across the U.S. who realize the urgency of the situation, have put daily lives aside and picked up the picket signs.

“We just want to have it set in stone that the U.S. is going to at least investigate the situation,” roared protester Mary-Jo in Washington on Friday.

A press conference was held in Washington the following Saturday. U.S. Press Secretary Dana Perino, Completely denied even the slightest possibility of such a thing happening. Still uneasy protesters shouted at the capital the same day as the conference.

“Absolute lies! There bull crapping us, just like what they did with Roswell!”

Whether or not you choose to believe in Ms. Perino’s words, we all are hoping that such a thing isn’t ever going to happen. So be weary, next time you reach for that remote. You’ll never know, whether it’s only turning your television on.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Armageddon Comes with Your Remote Control

By: John Scala

A Sunday afternoon, loathingly lounging on your sofa. You grab the remote control and press the power button, four hours later parts of the country are in a state of chaos; red skies, a towering mushroom cloud, screams of absolute terror. One would think such a thing only exists in the thoughts of Nostradamus, or the book of Revelations.

Your remote control has just launched a nuclear arm, hidden deep in the vast jungles of Russia. They were left to rot after the down fall of the Soviet Union, but are still very active, and pointed in the direction of the United States largest city. Once, on the desk in Stalin’s office, was a button with the main purpose of launching these weapons.

Remote controls work with only certain devices that have the same code programmed into hard drive. The average remote had a very limited range of radar communication with the television, until the universal remote control flooded the shelves of electronic stores everywhere. They have a much higher range than the average remote.

The fear of the U.S. government is that satellites with direct communication to Russia can catch up on a remote control signal and send it beaming across the world, consequently activating the nuclear weapons. Billy Bob of South Dakota, trying to make his way to a senator at the state capital, spoke with me after being thrown out.

“It’s a scary thought, I just hope that the Russian and U.S. government will be able to put differences aside to ensure the safety of millions of lives here in our homeland.”

Millions across the U.S. who realize the urgency of the situation have put daily lives aside and picked up the picket signs.

“We just want to have it set in stone that the U.S. is going to at least investigate the situation!” roared protester Mary-Jo in Washington on Friday.

A press conference was held in Washington the following Saturday. U.S. Press Secretary Dana Perino completely denied even the slightest possibility of such a thing happening. Still, uneasy protesters shouted at the capital the same day as the conference.

“Absolute lies! They're bull crapping us, just like what they did with Roswell!”

Whether or not you choose to believe in Ms. Perino’s words, we all are hoping that such a thing isn’t ever going to happen. So be wary, next time you reach for that remote. You’ll never know whether it’s only turning your television on.

I think this one is going to be a little closer. English and Creative Writing have always been my favorite subjects, the ones I was best at.

• 1 decade ago

Here's a copy of your article with correct punctuation. I'm not perfect! I may miss more complicated ones.

A Sunday afternoon, loathingly lounging on your sofa. You grab the remote control and press the power button. Four hours later, parts of the country envelop themselves in a state of chaos. Red skies, a towering mushroom cloud, and screams of absolute terror. One would think such a thing exists only in the thoughts of Nostradamus or in the book of Revelation.

Your remote control has just launched a nuclear arm that is hidden deep in the vast jungles of Russia. They were left to rot after the down fall (downfall one word) of the soviet union and are still very active. Plus, it is pointed in the direction of the United States largest city. Once on the desk in Stalin’s office, was a button with the main purpose of launching these weapons.

Remote controls work with only certain devices that have the same code programmed into the hard drive. The average remote has a very limited range of radar communication with the television. That is until the universal remote control flooded the shelves of electronic stores everywhere. They have a much higher range than the average remote.

The fear of the U.S. government is that satellites with direct communication to Russia can catch up on a remote control signal and send it beaming across the world, consequently activating the nuclear weapons. Billy Bob of South Dakota, trying to get his way to a senator at the State Capital spoke with this reporter after being thrown out. “It’s a scary thought, I just hope that the Russian and U.S. governments will be able to put differences aside to ensure the safety of millions of lives here in our homeland.”

Millions across the U.S. who realize the urgency of the situation, have put daily lives aside and picked up the picket signs.

“We just want to have it set in stone that the U.S. is going to at least investigate the situation,” roared protester Mary-Jo in Washington on Friday.

A press conference was held in Washington the following Saturday. U.S. Press Secretary Dana Perino completely denied even the slightest possibility of such a thing happening. Still, uneasy protesters shouted at the capital the same day as the conference.

“Absolute lies! There bull crapping us, just like what they did with Roswell!” shouted one protester.

Whether or not you choose to believe in Ms. Perino's words, we are all are hoping that such a thing is never ever going to happen. So be weary! Next time you reach for that remote. You’ll never know whether it’s only turning on your television.

Like I said, I'm not perfect, but I hope this helps!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.