Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Do you have to take the CPA exam after you get your Accounting degree? How do you become these other things:?

- Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA or FCCA)

- Chartered Accountant (FCA, CA or ACA)

- International Accountant (FAIA or AAIA)

- Management Accountant (ACMA, FCMA or AICWA)

- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

- Certified General Accountant (CGA or FCGA)

Do most people become CPA's?

Thanks for all the answers!

Favorite Answer

NO, you don't need an Accounting degree to sit for the CPA. All you need is a 4 year degree Plus 30 credits hours of accounting courses.

I would recommend that you get an accounting degree to pass the CPA. The passing rate of CPA exams is very low. So studying accounting makes it easy to understand and increases your chances of passing the CPA exam.

You need to have a 4 year degree PLUS 30 credit hours of intermediate accounting courses. In all you need to have 120 credit hours of college courses PLUS 30 credit hours of accounting giving you a total of 150 credit hours.

In all you need 150 credits equivalent to 5 years of college.

My major is accounting and of course i will obtain an accounting degree to sit for the CPA......

WHAT i'm doing is obtaining my bachelors degree in accounting which will give me 120 credit hours(4 years) THEN i will go for a masters in accounting which is 30 credits(1 year). This way I will both have a Masters degree and the required courses and credits to sit for CPA.

You can basically major in any business fields such as Finance, economics, marketing etc and then take an extra 30 credit hours of accounting courses. This will meet the requirements.

The CPA is for America. The other credentials are the equivalent in other countries, for the most part.

You are not required to take the CPA exam. It is your choice. Many people have successful careers by not becoming certified, though you can typically only go so high without it.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

- Chartered Accountant (FCA, CA or ACA)

- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Do most people become...

Source(s): cpa exam accounting degree things: https://tr.im/Y5o6q

Yes, you have to have an accounting degree to sit for the CPA exam. I believe you now need a masters in accounting to sit for the CPA exam. If you are not used to school-type of "talk", please don't let it be a turn off to have to get a masters degree. Colleges just want to make more money off of you so they make you stay in school a little longer. Good luck to you!!!

• I don't know about the others, but to get a CPA you have to have two years work experience in the accounting field. I believe you have to have your CPA to even try for the others, but I'm not for sure.

Not all accountants acquire their CPAs, a lot of them work in areas that do ot require them.

• Elvia

473

Source(s): AskOnlineDegree - http://askonlinedegree.com