What is the average life expectancy for heart transplant patients?

About 7 or 8 years ago, when I was about 7 years old, my friend had a heart transplant. I don't know the reasons why he had heart failure, and he doesn't know, or hasn't told me. Since then he has been great, and you wouldn't know that he has had any operation. I found out recently that he is worried for his life,... show more About 7 or 8 years ago, when I was about 7 years old, my friend had a heart transplant. I don't know the reasons why he had heart failure, and he doesn't know, or hasn't told me. Since then he has been great, and you wouldn't know that he has had any operation. I found out recently that he is worried for his life, and so now I am too, I think about it everyday, we've been very close since we were 5, although the idea of him even going out of my life seems impossible, as he seems very well. So what is the average life expectancy for a heart transplant patient?