Music Sheet Quincy Jones?

Well, I play flute and I am very interested in playing Tomorrow ( a better you, a better me) from Quincy Jones. Where can I get the score of this song? I have been looking for any book which has this score but I could not find any.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This wasn't easily found in any form. Mr. Jones was under contract to A&M (Herb Alpert's label on which all the catalog is out of print- that's why Q's classic "The Dude" has never been released in the US on CD); Qwest, Jones' own label, was a joint venture with Warner Bros. which was absorbed by that corporate giant several years ago. To make a long story short: you won't find a bunch of Quincy Jones stuff easily or cheaply for the same reason Irving Berlin tunes don't typically appear in greatest hits collections- great lawyers set up their publishing rights and if you want their material- they get paid. I did find a song book in piano/guitar/vocal for the album "Back on the Block" on which "Tomorrow" was released for $50 used- a bit pricey to say the least. Link here if you're interested: http://www.directtextbook.com/prices/B000HDMXH8

Someone else suggested transcribing the melody; if you want to try this, the tune is in F (the chorus is a variation on I-vi-IV-V) and the rhythms are sixteenth note based. Learning the chords using a piano (especially for the verse which modulates a bit out of F) will help you. Feel free to send me an email if you need help.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Quincy Jones Tomorrow

• 3 years ago

Razzmatazz Quincy Jones

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've looked at all the sheet music sharing sites and they do not have this song. You could just transcribe it by ear.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Elaine
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

on googl

• 4 years ago

This is good

• josefa
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

thanks for the answers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.