Music Sheet Quincy Jones?

Well, I play flute and I am very interested in playing Tomorrow ( a better you, a better me) from Quincy Jones. Where can I get the score of this song? I have been looking for any book which has this score but I could not find any.

Favorite Answer

This wasn't easily found in any form. Mr. Jones was under contract to A&M (Herb Alpert's label on which all the catalog is out of print- that's why Q's classic "The Dude" has never been released in the US on CD); Qwest, Jones' own label, was a joint venture with Warner Bros. which was absorbed by that corporate giant several years ago. To make a long story short: you won't find a bunch of Quincy Jones stuff easily or cheaply for the same reason Irving Berlin tunes don't typically appear in greatest hits collections- great lawyers set up their publishing rights and if you want their material- they get paid. I did find a song book in piano/guitar/vocal for the album "Back on the Block" on which "Tomorrow" was released for $50 used- a bit pricey to say the least. Link here if you're interested: http://www.directtextbook.com/prices/B000HDMXH8

Someone else suggested transcribing the melody; if you want to try this, the tune is in F (the chorus is a variation on I-vi-IV-V) and the rhythms are sixteenth note based. Learning the chords using a piano (especially for the verse which modulates a bit out of F) will help you. Feel free to send me an email if you need help.

Quincy Jones Tomorrow

Razzmatazz Quincy Jones

I've looked at all the sheet music sharing sites and they do not have this song. You could just transcribe it by ear.

• Elaine

on googl

This is good

• josefa

thanks for the answers.