Spy G asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

do Olympic gymnasts wear bras and underwear or not?

they look like they dont but i'm not shure plz help

what about swimmers too do they wear anything under the spandex/latex swimsuit

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

have you gone swimming before? i'm guessing you haven't, because everyone knows that when you go swimming, you wear your swimsuit and nothing else but your swimsuit. as for the bra part, female swimmers have bra cups in their swimsuit, which is equivalent to wearing a bra.

gymnasts don't wear underwear either. their costume is similar to a swimsuit. but i think they wear bras.

• 1 decade ago

Swimmers would not wear anything because that would produce extra drag in the pool. The whole point of wearing a tight suit is to not have drag.

Some gymnasts wear bras, but never underwear. I'm assuming no one wears them in the Olympics.

Source(s): Me. experience.
  • 1 decade ago

Gymnasts wear sports bras (if needed) but no underwear. There is a built in liner in the bottoms. The leotards are so tight you really don't need any underclothes. Also I don't know who wears underwear beneath a swimsuit.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

gymnasts wear bras but not underwear, usually, but its really personal preference as to the undies i guess

and swimmers wear nothing, those suits are hard enough to get on a naked body, forget with something under!! trust me, im a swimmer and on my team we have to help each other in and out of them lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the gymnasts i'm not really sure of.

i don't think the beach volleyball players do.

as for the swimmers, they would be just wearing a normal bathing suit so i'm guessing they don't wear underwear either.

all of the uniforms probably have their own style and liners though.

haha how funny is this. it's like we're playing "guess if i'm wearing underwear" or something lol.

hope i helped!!

:)

• 1 decade ago

Well, they wear sports bras that are very discreet, so their you know, tah tahs aren't bouncing around when they run and flip. And probably underwear too. But the swimmers don't need underwear, they're in bathing suits.

• 1 decade ago

For all that said males do, you are wrong. Male gymnasts wear leotards, they are the same as the female gymnasts but instead wear shorts over them. Women have no need to wear them, as the leotard itself sits so tightly on top of the body.

• 1 decade ago

gymnasts wear a bra and sometimes a thong under

swimmers just wear the really tight swimsuit

Source(s): gymnastics was from the movie stick it
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, gymnasts wear bras, not sure bout underwear, probably

but for swimmers, the lzr racr is soooo tight that they probably wouldn't have room for anything else

• luzell
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

donning a bra in mattress is truly undesirable for you. I basically placed on underclothes and a tank appropriate/tshirt to be or sleep overs. I mean at sleepovers if its basically in simple terms women who cares. this is not comparable to their junk is distinctive, haha in simple terms placed on w/e you experience delicate in. Swimming, i don't comprehend. i like padded swimming bras for the comparable reason as you do, haha everyone's entitled to their very very own opinion :) you may desire to ask them what they like approximately non-padded bras.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.