Steam room and skin break outs?

Hello, Why is it that everytime I go into the steam room that I break out on my forehead with pimples? When I dont go in the steam room anymore, they go away, but when I go back, it comes back again..I don't understand it. Does anyone know why this happens and should I continue to use the steam room to my gym? thanks

Thank you very much for this information!

Best Answer

Steam (hot water) opens your pores and allows all the natural oils and impurities to come off. These will then produce pimples! Try showering in cold water after going in the steam room. I would advise using an astringent afterwards to get any oils off of your skin to prevent breakouts.

Source(s): Experience and common sense
  • Lil D

The steam room opens up your pores and allows all the gunk inside to get out, and because you don't clean out the pores while they are open, it gets trapped in your skin becoming pimples.

Next time you come out of the steam room, right after, wash your face to get rid of the dirt and oil. You should see less pimples.

• Neuron

The heat brings out the oil. Have you tried washing your face afterwards? or using a toner with a cotton ball?