Did you ever see the pilot of the Andy Griffith Show?

It's on TV Land right now & it's 10:00P.M. EST. This is one of my very favorite episodes. I've mentioned this pilot before when we have talked about the Andy Griffith Show. Aunt Bee makes her debut on the show.

Jeanne....They rarely ever show the pilot, so I had to let everyone know it was on.

mister ed...I hope you enjoy/enjoyed it.

Pagan Queen...Sorry to hear that because if you've been a fan of AG, you would have loved this pilot.

doh....Yes, that's right. I watched the episode tonight after the "pilot" aired, & Barney called Andy, "Sheriff" not Andy. I thought that was strange, since they were cousins.

Jackie Blue....Oh, sorry. Maybe the next time around, you'll get to see it. Hope you're feeling better. (post op)

Yahoo is acting up so sorry for the repeat "additional details."

rhumba girl...That's the episode!

Luvs....Me too! I watch the reruns nightly. I love it when there are four or more episodes back to back.

Shar...No, that didn't happen in the pilot. It begins with Rose, the housekeeper who gets married & Aunt Bee comes to live with Andy & Opie. I also have that cookbook. I love it!

Dora...Maybe one day you'll get to see it. They don't show it very often. You can buy the DVD that has that pilot on it.

Best Answer

Yes, I watched it. That was a great show, so sweet and so funny, always a lesson to learn and sometimes even Andy learned it. I enjoy watching the reruns of AG and quoting the lines right along with the characters. lol---Luvs

• Shar

Was that the one where Andy locks Danny Thomas in his jail? I kinda remember it. And btw.. I have the cookbook from the Andy Griffith show.. Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook.

I just turned it on at 9:13 -- thank you for pointing that out! I have seen many shows several times, but never the pilot. Great show. Barney Fife knocks me out! Thank you.

technically the show came out of the danny thomas show.its also one of only two times barney calls andy his cousin

Darn! I just missed it. I think I may have seen it years ago, once only. Maybe I'll get lucky to see it again sometime. :)

Oh How nice. My Tele is on the blink. Hope you enjoy it!!! Great old shows~!!

Is it the one where Opie cries something like: "Oh, Pa. Don't let her go. She needs us. She don't even know how to bait her own hook"?

• dora

No, missed it, but I would love to see it. Maybe one day.

i haven't watched that show since lat year but ill see. oh i dont have cable

no - but tks to you i will soon be able to say yes!!!