Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Which locomotive do you like better?

EMD's SD70ACe or GE's GEVO

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have always preferred EMD's just for the fact that they load so much faster than a GE.And our SD 70's have more comfortable seats.But i have to admit that overall i like the GE Evolution better.They pull like a mule and the dynamic brake is so stout it feels like you could rip the rail out from under you.I also like the computer screens and control layout better than the SD70's.They are much quieter too.

Source(s): UPRR engineer
  • 1 decade ago

Any GE hands down. That turbo charger roaring all day behind your head in an EMD is unbearable. The GE's are so quite. Plus with the conventional control stand; why would any one every want to ride in an EMD again?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

EVO from this engineer's point of view far and away

20 years ago I never thought GE would make a decent locomotive but starting with their dash 9's they have really got it together

the GE's pull and ride much better and are quieter and the controls seem to make more sense.

Source(s): railroad engineer since 1975
  • 1 decade ago

I am an EMD guy myself but I miss the 567 prime movers, nothing sounds like them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Petero
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

AC4400's for me, the newer versions (with air conditioning) you can recline the seat and go to sleep.

Or SD90MAC, very quiet, but the fridge is in the wrong place!

Source(s): Conductor
  • Bill C
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Either one is O.K. with me. I prefer the F7 myself or steamers.

• 1 decade ago

either as long as the airconditioner works

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.