Odd looking bug bite on top of foot.?

My mom got a bug bite yesterday, and we can't figure out what it is. The symptoms when she got it were- almost instant bruising, and when she got the bite, she felt something like a pinprick, then she felt a shot of cold go up her leg, as if traveling through a vein, and then, her foot went limp and felt as though it would fall off. Today, it is a big bruise with a red dot in the middle, and a scratch leading to another red dot, but this one slightly smaller than the first.

Favorite Answer

Sounds like a spider bite....go to this website and see if you can find a picture of it and then you will know what kind of insect bite it is...

http://www.badspiderbites.com/spider-bite-pictures

If you kill a tick while it's biting you, its body will not come off from your skin, because its mouth parts are inserted in your skin and they will stay there even if the animal is dead, unless you pull them out. So, if the animal that was biting you came off instantly from your skin, it was not a tick. Possibly it was some kind of dipteran. Some of them resemble ticks. For example, try to look for "hippoboscidae" in Google Images. @Bulldog Drummond Well, yes, usually. A friend of mine got Lyme disease from a tick that fed on her for 4-5 hours. It's a matter of probability. The probability of disease transmission is low in the first 1 - 2 days, very low in the first few hours, but it's never 0. My friend was very unlucky.

odd bug bite top foot

Although I can't help you with just the information given above, I can suggest that you e-mail me where I can better help. My parents use to bred and sell exotic pets, I.E, insects, arachnid, etc. If your anywhere in the U.S I'd be willing to bet it's brown recluse, even if it's nothing serious, it's a good idea to take her to the hospital.

these sound like the symptoms of a brown recluse: get to the hospital immediatly, because if it is a brown recluse spider that bit her, some serious horrible pain can happen to her leg. Bring her to the hospital now!

• kixfan

Sounds like some kind of fire ant. You should get it looked at if it is spreading. Could mean something venomous.

DOCTOR! Oh my gosh! Get to a doctor!

If a bite causes limpness in the leg you MUST get it checked out!

Change your socks everyday and make sure your feet are clean. Sometimes that's what happens if you're keeping it dirty. It might be cramp it happens when you have too much water in your body or no muscles. I hope it helps :)

it could be fleas...........do you have any pets??

it could be a mosquito carrying malaria ...:(

personly i think you seek medical advice in the next 24 hours before it gets worse

Go to the doctor!!!!

Or to the pharmacy!!!!

I should've been treated right away.

Did you but some ice????