Why did people in the bible live so long?

I was just thinking last nite that most people in the bible lived to be hundreds of years old...being over 100 before they even had kids! Was time calculated differently back then? How come they lived a lot longer and we average to be 70 before we puke out? Were the people who lived long like Noah and so on... show more I was just thinking last nite that most people in the bible lived to be hundreds of years old...being over 100 before they even had kids! Was time calculated differently back then? How come they lived a lot longer and we average to be 70 before we puke out? Were the people who lived long like Noah and so on blessed b/c they were following God?
Update: Wow...I'd really like a sincere answer. And if some of you people are atheist or w/e, then why spend time on these questions just to put everyone else's thoughts down? seriously. get a life...if you don't believe it, then go to a different section to express your thoughts.