Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

ASUS P5KPL-CM Motherboard ?

Does the ASUS P5KPL-CM have integrated graphics and if so/or not can i put a radeon 3870 x2 in it.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Yes, the ASUS P5KPL-CM has an Intel GMA 3100 onboard video chipset. The motherboard has a PCI Express x16 slot, while the video card requires a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot. However, I found this review: "High points not listed in features for me were the layout of the SATA plugs. They are down in the corner, which allows a large video card (like my 3870) to fit without problems." The card probably works with the board, since the customer has had the board for "1 day to 1 week". However, I am not sure whether his/her 3870 was the same version as yours. Since I could find nothing that said the motherboard had a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot, I can be reasonably sure that they are not compatible if PCI Express 2.0 x16 and PCI Express x16 aren't compatible.

Source(s): newegg.com