Why can't India ever win Olympic medals (1 or 2 don't count): isn't it a national disgrace?

It's a national disaster that India, a country of one billion people with numerous sports talents, can't win more than one or two medals in the Olympics. Even since I was a young boy growing up in Calcutta, my friends and I dreamed of an Indian rise in the sports arena, only to be thrown into gloom and despair... show more It's a national disaster that India, a country of one billion people with numerous sports talents, can't win more than one or two medals in the Olympics. Even since I was a young boy growing up in Calcutta, my friends and I dreamed of an Indian rise in the sports arena, only to be thrown into gloom and despair every four years. That saga is still on, thanks to India's corrupt and inefficient political and sports administrators and rampant bossism and patriarchy. It's no jinx that India can't win Olympics medals: it's the ruling class that's responsible for it. India has no lack of talents in sports, games and athletics; even way back in the fifties and sixties, India had produced scores of individuals and teams that got many medals in field hockey, and nearly got medals in football (soccer), middle-distance running or wrestling. It's about time Indian rulers be stripped off their power and money so that they don't get to use the scant resources of a largely poor country to take the lavish trips to Olympic villages; it's time sports administrations in India be freed of political coteries and handed over to independent, honest and dedicated personalities and groups. I want to see India get rid of its stupid misuse of billions of dollars in cricket and rise as an international sports nation. Success in sports and games reflect the character of a nation's youth; India's youth must come out of its opium of Bollywood and Wall Street-dictated lifestyle and entertainment, and find some moral fiber for itself.