Should I wear my Confederate Flag hat when I go to Tampa, Florida?

One of my bffs said that there are a lot of ignorant people in Tampa that don't understand the history that the Confederate flag has and that I might get shot or something. Is there a gun problem in Tampa? Are there a lot of gangs and ignorant people there? I've never been there before but I am going to visit... show more One of my bffs said that there are a lot of ignorant people in Tampa that don't understand the history that the Confederate flag has and that I might get shot or something.

Is there a gun problem in Tampa? Are there a lot of gangs and ignorant people there? I've never been there before but I am going to visit my grandfather who just moved there.

I hope that he didn't move to a place that has a lot of racists against European Americans of Southern heritage.

It's funny how a Christian symbol like the Cross on the Confederate Flag can make ignorant people so angry and violent.
Update: Yea. I live in Las Vegas and I never have trouble wearing a Confederate flag here (maybe people in Las Vegas have higher IQ's):)
Update 2: Sim,

It's Saint Andrews cross like in the Scottish flag. So it is a Christian Cross.

See you are one that lacks knowledge on the topic and you are ready to make a judgement.

I think that people should "think" before they judge others.