Should I wear my Confederate Flag hat when I go to Tampa, Florida?

One of my bffs said that there are a lot of ignorant people in Tampa that don't understand the history that the Confederate flag has and that I might get shot or something.

Is there a gun problem in Tampa? Are there a lot of gangs and ignorant people there? I've never been there before but I am going to visit my grandfather who just moved there.

I hope that he didn't move to a place that has a lot of racists against European Americans of Southern heritage.

It's funny how a Christian symbol like the Cross on the Confederate Flag can make ignorant people so angry and violent.

Yea. I live in Las Vegas and I never have trouble wearing a Confederate flag here (maybe people in Las Vegas have higher IQ's):)

Sim,

It's Saint Andrews cross like in the Scottish flag. So it is a Christian Cross.

See you are one that lacks knowledge on the topic and you are ready to make a judgement.

I think that people should "think" before they judge others.

Favorite Answer

I say wear it just don't get caught

There is nothing Christian about that cross on the Confederate flag, for one; for another, although it is true that not everything that particular flag stood for is bad, in and of itself, it is tainted by racism and slavery.

You are free to wear what you like, of course, but do realize that not everybody you meet has warm and fuzzy feelings about that symbol - and with good reason.

I WAS RAISED IN TAMPA AND NO I WOULD NOT WEAR A FLAG LIKE THAT CAUSE IT WILL GET U SHOT AND YES THERE IS A GUN PROBLEM IN TAMPA TO MANY PEOPLE HAVE THEM AND TO MANY PEOPLE GET KILLED BY THEM BECAUSE OF DUMB EXCUSES LIKE THE FLAG U WANT TO WEAR! AND YES THERE R ALOT GANGS AND VIOLENCE THAT IS WHY I MOVED BACK 1988 AND HAVENT BEEN BACK DONT MISS THE PLACE EITHER

sorry guy but im from tampa and yes they are ignorant and yes I would DEFFINATLY be careful. You wont get shot at first, but there will be MANY people who will approach you and talk crap and if you make a wrong answer, you may be lookin at a fist fight in the middle of Mcdonalds or ANYWHERE. people in florida dont care. they fight anyone if they just..want to.

ive been to tampa and ive never seen people with the confederate flag symbol anywhere, so no.

If you think that is bad, try driving a car with New York plates to Alabama.

Traitor!

Hillbilly, moron.