Can the Olympic Committee do anything to find out if the 2008 Chinese women's gymnastic team is underage?

If there are so many people, including the United States Gymnastic Coach think that some of the Chinese gymnasts are underage, can't the Olympic Committee do any physical test to prove that they are underage or not??

Best Answer

These girls definitely are under the age limit to compete. The Chinese government has a rule that everyone has to be "essential" to the success of the country. Children are sent away to "sports factories" by their parents in order to learn diving, swimming, gymnastics, tennis and other sports. If not, they are sent to military schools to join the Red People's Army.

At the "sports factories", they live the sport they are "forced" to excel at and nothing else matters until they are released back to their parents, which is only when they "retire" from that sport to become a baby breeding machine after marriage.

Americans, on the other hand, have lives, can freely go to the mall or visit their friends, can say bad things about the government without fear of reprisals, do not get punished if they make mistakes while performing, don't eat dogs, can grow up doing whatever they want to do, visit the gym whenever they want, can leave the gym to go home to their parents, do not get kidnapped and brought to "reprogramming" centers, are more creative in gymnastics and don't need to cheat by having a communist country's government strong arm the judges by intentionally having them delay results while other athletes are awaiting their start time and falsifying birth documents

I have the same question... yes hey were "better" but is it cheating and its 100% unfair to all the true 16 years old to have to compete with 13/14. A womens body changes around 15/16 years of age, and it effect a gymnast hard!!! I know I was one... also when you are younger you are more willing to pull the more changeling tricks due to you not understand what you are really doing.

So to say "they deserve the gold medal" I am sorry to say but no they did not deserve it.

The Chinese athletes were great! BUT i really think that they were underage. They beat America, no doubt; they did it fairly (as far as skills go); they did not do it honestly.

I don't think they should lose the gold, but there should be some kind of punishment. The underage girls shouldn't compete in the individual events.

My wife and I have seen this amazing online store and acquired one there. Not quite remarkable about their shipment speed however does save money around 78% and very happy to have this. The quality is definitely fine and right until today never spot a defects.

some of the chinese gymnasts are underage and they voted to let them compete anyway, I think that the youngest female is only fourteen.

Source(s): While I was watching the female gymnasts last night, they were talking about that, they also said since the government issued the passports with a different age, there was nothing they could do about it, after all we are in their territory now..........

No, they have to go by what the passports say and the passports are issued by the government. There's always cheating in the Olympics because everyone wants to be the best.

it's possible but it's very difficult and they won't pursue the issue

but EVEN if they are under 16, they were good enough to beat the world so they deserve the gold medal in my opinion

well it depends rather China or US has the most influence in the olympic. Its all about politics.

WTF!!!

GET OVER YOURSELF USA!!!

YOU LOST!!

Try to maintain some dignity.

Bad losers and bad winners, it's beyond me how you lot keep breathing.

The youngest is 15!!! The same as Phelps was in Sydney

• john l

they only physical test that they could perform is to cut their bodies up and do an autopsy