About to change my TPS, throttle position sensor...?

After work I''m going to stop and get a new TPS for my ''01 Ram.

Do I just take the old one off and put the new one on *or* anything special that I need to do?

thanks

Favorite Answer

Its not terribly difficult to change, however, you will need to use an ohm meter to Dial in the Throttle position switch. Call your local reputable repair shop or Dodge dealership and ask for the ohm setting.

You can tune the TPS once the truck is started. Be sure the retaining screws are good and tight or the TPS will slip.

Best wishes, jerry

Source(s): Over 30 years twisting wrenches.

The TPS is a variable resistor style gadget, you positioned it with a volt ohm meter. The technique is amazingly user-friendly however the cost variations with each and each vehicle, you may nicely known what the mandatory cost and technique is. forget approximately cleansing it, maximum are riveted at the same time. whether you replace it, it should be calibrated in line with the vehicle specs. FYI, they do no longer bypass undesirable often, they're a low voltage,low modern gadget. yet they do crap out. airborne dirt and dust interior them could be a undertaking, they are actually not an costly section. do no longer wager on the putting, that's significant for the computing gadget to nicely known the main appropriate place of the throttle so it could calculate different issues.