Meeting the parents?

I'm meeting my boyfriends parents for the first time this weekend and I'm not sure how to greet them.

What should I say? and should I call her by her first name or say Miss.

I'm not good with this sort of thing. Thanks in advance!

• Bob M
    Favorite Answer

Initially, you should call them Mr and Mrs..........

They will ask you, at a later date, to call them by their Christian names.......if they like you.

Ask them questions about how they met when they were young or what kind of work they do for a living.

Ask if they have some pics of your boyfriend when he was young.

Don't (under any circumstances) rave on about yourself too much, unless you're asked.

Also, think seriously about the clothing that you're gonna wear for the 1st meeting.....something sweet - not trashy. Don't go overboard with makeup either.

Since you've asked for advice here, I imagine that you're a pretty smart girl and you've thought about how to create a good impression. Your boyfriend must be a lucky guy to have someone like you.

Good luck.....us old people aren't really all that scary (it's just the wrinkles that make us look weird) :-)

• rooks

My mom moved to California to stay together with her dad. Her dad helped her get a activity at a eating place my dad passed off to possess. My mom labored for him and finally asked her out. They have been an on and stale lower back couple and then like 7 years later, that they had my brother. Then 3 years and a million day later, that they had me. Then on October 5, 1995, 5 months after i grew to become into born they have been given married. So 15 years this October.

Don't call her by any name. Hi, nice to meet, I've heard some many great things about you.

Just don't get so nervous that you revile something.

ANd pls PLS don't do something that someone I know did and dress like they just crawled out the greese dumpster

you'll be fine. Generally, the are going to look for the best in you. If you act worried they are going to think that they are going to have something to worry about.

id start with Mrs and Mrs [enter last name here]. They'll probably smile at your politness and let you know their first names and ask you to call them by that. Dress smart (but not too much effort), be polite and most importantly, be yourself! Good luck!

You should ALWAYS start of with Mr & Mrs. and say sir and ma'am... then if asked to address them any other way... by themselves... then oblidge... you should always be on ur p's & q's with the parents at least until you get to know them very very well... now if your over 30... first names are fine off the jump --

Depends how classy your boyfriends parents are. If they are pretty classy or sophisticated address them with Mr. & Mrs. and don't ask any personal questions.

If they seem laid back then a cheerful greeting seems best.

In the beginning I always adress elders as: Mrs. Mr. Miss unless they tell me otherwise.

Just relax and have fun. Good luck.

Well, dress neatly, for starters. Use Mr. and Mrs. unless they ask you to call them by their last name. Be helpful and polite, and I am sure they will like you! :)

Be confident and say something like "Hello Mr. and Mrs._____, its so nice to finally meet your!" and from there they would say something like "Why hello _____ how are you doing, we heared a lot about you from my son ______." and then you go "All good I hope. *laugh*" I think the handshake is the best. but once he/she is shaking your hand do a double hander for maximum comfort lol

Use Mr & Mrs unless they tell you to call them by their first names.