Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 decade ago

anybody time to take a look at this text?

Hi,

my boss asked me to translate a prefabricated phone conversation from German into Englisch.

Now that I finished, I am very doubtful about it and I think there are many mistakes.

If anyone of you has got some free time, I would be very happy if you take a look at the text.

Just to check if the expressions, the word order times...etc are right.

For some expressions I wrote two options, you can delete the wrong one. (example: start of the construction/construction start)

thank you very very much!!!!

here the text:(sorry that it is so long)

if you find any mistakes, PLEASE write the correct version in your answer!

thank you

Mr./Mrs. ........, the reason why I am calling is the following: On our internet portal architects.com wie inform future building owners and investors – finally every decision maker who is concerned with the construction, very extensive about the actual construction happenings /edificial events(?). Moreover, we adress specificly the architecture offices, civil engineers, authorities as well as naturally the whole public.

In the course of this reporting, on our last editorial session we considered presenting your last project extensive on our website.

For you and the building owner this is absolutely free.

Are you/ Who is the responsible architect of the project ............?

The advantage of this project presentation is, to generally represent the extensive service spectrum of your office.

For sure, our website is visited by decisionmakers of construction departments of banks, insurances, investor groups, future building owners as well as decisive people from Building Authorities and authorities.

Your personal work and surely your personal service spectrum, too, will be apparent for your target group immediately – The future building owner or investor is able to inform his/herself in detail:

Who are the planners concerned and executing speciality firms? What was special about this project? How did you solve this or that?

Before you make any effort, I need some information in advance.

The whole building activity has been very extensive:

In which phase of construction /construction phase(?) are you at the moment?

When was the start of the construction/construction start(?)? When will be the start of the construction?

When will be the end of the construction/construction end?(?)

How high is the construction amount approximately?

Mr./Mrs......., for a detailed presentation of the project we need some information:

An actual specification, drawings, information about special features, for example fronts, copies of press reports, a list of all planners and a register of the craftsmen of involved firms.

Do you already have photos/ model pictures?

Mr./Mrs.......it`s adequate if I have the documents at home the next two weeks, anyway I will send or mail you a cover letter with our complete adress by fax in advance. There you can see everything listed.

Do me a favour and put everything into an envelope or send it informally by email to our editorial office. The adress is info@architecten24.de

Mr./Mrs........ I am looking forward to presenting your project on our website, I wish you all the best with the construction!

Favorite Answer

Mr./Mrs.,

The reason why I am calling is because of the following:

On our internet portal architects.com, we inform future building owners and investors – finally every decision maker who is concerned with the construction, and very extensive about the actual construction happenings. Moreover, we address the architecture offices, civil engineers, authorities as well as the whole public.

In the course of this reporting, we considered presenting your last project extensive on our website on our last editorial session; for you and the building owner this is absolutely free.

Are you/ Who is the responsible architect of the project?

The advantage of this project presentation is to generally represent the extensive service spectrum of your office.

For sure, our website is visited by decision makers of construction departments of banks, insurances, investor groups, future building owners as well as decisive people from Building Authorities and authorities.

Your personal work and surely your personal service spectrum, too, will be apparent for your target group immediately. The future building owner or investor is probably able to inform his/herself in detail with these questions:

1.Who are the planners concerned and executing specialty firms?

2. What is special about this project?

3. How do you solve this or that?

The whole building activity has been very extensive and I need these questions answered:

1. In which phase of construction are you on at the moment?

2. When was the start of the construction?*(you can either remove this question)

3. When will be the start of the construction?*(or this question)

4. When will be the end of the construction?

5. Approximately how high is the construction amount?

Mr./Mrs.,

For a detailed presentation of the project we need some information on:

1. the actual specification, drawings, information about special features; for example: fronts, copies of press reports, a list of all planners and a register of the craftsmen of involved firms.

2. Do you already have model pictures?

Mr./Mrs.,

It’s adequate if I have the documents at home in the next two weeks.Anyway, I will send or mail you a cover letter with our complete address by fax in advance. There you can see everything listed.

Do me a favor and put everything into an envelope or send it informally by email to our editorial office. The address is info@architecten24.de

Mr./Mrs.,

I am looking forward to presenting your project on our website, I wish you all the best with the construction!

~ I hope this helps. I think there are less errors, I'm not sure where but I still hope this helps! :D

~~ I really think there are errors coz I'm still a high school student.:D

~~~I hope this helps!:D

hi - i've tried to proofread your text as best as i could. there are some areas where i'm a bit confused myself about what your purpose is. however, i leave the technicalities to you ; i've just tried to improve on the language & conversational civility ... hope you find the following version helpful .... all the best

Mr./Mrs. ....I wish to tell you something about our internet portal architects.com. Through our portal we provide extensive information to future building owners, investors, every decision maker concerned with construction, about current construction events. Moreover, we specifically address the architects, civil engineers, authorities as also the public.

In the course of this reporting, during our last editorial session we considered presenting your last project extensively on our website.

Are you the architect responsible for the project ............? If not, can you please tell me who is responsible?

The advantage of this project presentation is, to generally represent the extensive service spectrum of your office. [[i'm not sure what you mean here .....further, do you mean "extensive" or "exclusive" ?]]

For sure, our website is visited by decisionmakers from construction departments of banks, insurance companies, investor groups, future building owners as well as decision-makers from Building Authorities .

Your personal work and surely your personal service spectrum, too, will be apparent to your target group immediately – The future building owner or investor will personally be able to gather detailed information regarding -

Who were the planners concerned and the executing speciality firms? What was special about this project? How did you solve this or that?

Before you make any effort, I would like some information in advance.

In which phase of construction are you at the moment?

When did the construction start? If not yet started, when do you expect it to start?

When will the construction be completed ?

What is the construction cost approximately?

Mr./Mrs......., for a detailed presentation of the project we need some further/more information:

Mr./Mrs.......it would be nice if you could send me the documents by post over the next two weeks. Or you could e-mail them to our editorial office at info@architecten24.de

In any case, I will send or mail you a cover letter with our complete address by fax in advance. Everything will be listed there.

Mr./Mrs........ I am looking forward to presenting your project on our website. Wish you all the best with the construction!

Doll! At NO POINT in there did you respect his wishes and leave him for a solid SEVEN DAYS without any contact! Jeez, of course he's not contacted you, look at the facts - you did a mean thing to him, you did own up and apologise (good girl), but you didn't take your lumps - you ignored his wishes, you hassled, harrasssed and then got all pissy because he did what he said he was going to do - and that was after a second chance as well! Right - we are no longer looking at how desperate you look - you've pretty much vaulted that fence and done the thousand metre sprint of desperation! Now we are looking at damage control! How about you send him a text saying you realise that you've totally messed up on what he asked you to do, and you're very sorry, you just got a bit emotional because you were so scared you had lost his friendship forever, and now that you've calmed down, you realise that he wanted some space to forgive and forget and you just hope that he can still find it in his heart to do that. You're very very sorry to have went so overboard and promise not to do so again, now that you've found your "maturity hat" and superglued it on, and you will leave it up to him to make the next move bak towards friendship again. You will give him a call in a week (thats SEVEN DAYS remember!) and hopefully he will pick up, but in the meantime, you won't bug him so he can have alone thoughts time. And then, unless (hopefully) you've heard from him beforehand, you will phone him AFTER the SEVEN days have passed and you just cross your fingers and toes that he's the nice guy he sounds like and decides to feel sorry for you and forgive you and answer the phone! If he doesn't, to be fair, hes well within his rights not too, and maybe this will teach you not to be so manipulative and bratty and (I'm sorry, BUT), immature in future. Don't mean to be harsh, pet, but come on!