CAN YOU DOWNLOAD FREE FULL VERSION GAMES LEGALLY?

I want to download free full version game legally, are there games that you can download for free legally

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are looking for legality of downloading games, then here is your answer. This goes for music and movies as well. As long as you OWN the copy of the media you are wanting to download, then it is very fine to make copies, or download. I own Secret of Mana on the SNES. I can download an emulator and then download the ROMS for it a million times if i want to. That is not illegal. If i DIDNT own Secret of Mana, then it would be illegal. I know some companies like GameFly will let you rent as many games as you want for a certain price every month. Kind of like video game NetFlix. There are SOME games you can download full versions of for free, but not many. I hope my answer helps.

• 4 years ago

Legally Games

• 1 decade ago

Yes. There are many full version games available for free. Although they are not, what is considered, AAA titles. Usually smaller games developed and/or published by indie developers.

Every now and again you'll get a high profile game available for free, like some Grand Theft Auto games.

Search and you shall find.

Always remember, you get what you pay for.

Free doesn't always mean good.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, I just recently downloaded Combat Arms. Free and Legal.

I'm sure there are other free game downloads out there =)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah, rockstar is giving away free downloads of GTA 1 and 2 for free legally.

• GMI
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

GameTap gives free downloads to games. They currently have 100+ free games, ranging from action games like Metal Slug to fighter games like Street Fighter 2 and more.

• Closed
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes when the developers wish this to happen however the number of such games is very limited, check the following site to see which games you can actually download legally and for free:

http://liberatedgames.org/

• 1 decade ago

You can only download a trial version, not a full version

• 1 decade ago

Not legally, and if there are they are the ones the companys will let you download full for free. But illegaly, It's a risk at getting viruses or malware if your unprotected.

• 1 decade ago

No.

Only those games are free(legally) which are too old to be enjoyed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.