What puppy food is the best?

What do you think of the puppy food brands below and which ones do you think are the best quality? How would you rate them from 1 - 6, with 1 being the best.

Bakers

Butchers

Iams

Pedigree

Purina One

Winalot

I'm hoping to get a puppy so I would like to know what food is best for her.

All answers are appreciated.

P.S. I've tried to research puppy food online but I can only find information about American brands and I live in the UK.

Favorite Answer

I am not familiar with UK brands, so I'll give you a few guidelines for picking a good puppy/dog food.

A good food will:

List a real meat product as the first ingredient.

List at least 2 real meat ingredients in the first three ingredients.

Be free of corn, soy and wheat. (And any derivatives there from.)

Be free of artificial colors and flavors.

You will not find a good food at any grocery store. Try a feed store or a GOOD pet store. (Not a chain.)

The ones that you have listed that I am familiar with, (Iams, Pedigree, and Purina,) are Junk.

BTW, Iams is manufactured by Procter & Gamble, a company that leads the pack in animal testing.

Any pet food sold in a grocery store is garbage. Also, do not trust when a vet says that the food he sells in his office is the best...they are making a HUGE profit from those often crappy foods. Go to a good pet store, and ask the workers there for advice. Look at the ingredients for foods that are filler free. The top ingredientmustt be meat, avoid any grain meal in the first 3 ingredients Also, look for foods that have fruits and vegetables in them...pets need them too! I only feed my dog Eagle Pack foods, it is the TOP pet foods available. Just another piece of advice, if the food is cheap, avoid it! Good dog food will be a little pricey, but it will be worth it! Your intestinal health will be better, which means less smelly poops!

• Kate C

All the foods I see are junk.

Bakers is owned by purina and purina is awful.

Iams is the same as purina, but they take it a step further by performing cruel test on animals. www.pandgkills.com and www.iamscruelty.com

Pedigree and winalot are probably the lowest quality on your list.

Butchers has a website, but no list of ingredients on their website so I can not tell you whether it is good or not.

I cant give you a brand for the uk because I am in the us but this site can help you.

www.bigdogsporch.com

If you are willing,look into raw feeding.

the site above can help you with whatever you decide to feed.

Source(s): Owner of three raw fed dogs.

well i really dont know but alotof the foods are junks food so go to the local pet store and ask some one who works there

purina puppy chow. I have had alot good luck with this one every since I was little my famil had alot of vets tell them it was the best on the market.

I seem to find that Beniful is the best is seems to make my dog happy and more awake instead of laying around alot. Or Iams is good too! :D

• Gien

Pedigree my dog loves it.