Is it considered child endangerment if a person is holding a child and engages in an argument with another per

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No. Arguing is not dangerous to a child. It sets a bad example, and it's certainly even stressful to the child, but it's not illegal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That depends on your definition of "argument". Getting in each others faces, cursing/threatening another person, etc. isn't a good thing for a child of any age to witness.

Arguing is stressful and anxiety producing for people of any age, generally. Actually, I wonder if you have reason for concern simply because you asked this question.

I would advise that you inform the person who engages in these arguments with you that you will not permit them to happen in front of your child. That way your child is protected and perhaps more conflict can be avoided. Best of luck to you! (Tell them to write their complaints to you--lol!)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In my opinion it could be depending on the age of the child, but unless it gets physically dangerous I don't think anyone can take the child away from you unless they see that it is really harming the child emotionally. I don't think it's wise to argue with anyone while holding a child even an infant.

• 1 decade ago

Only if the person uses the child as a club.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No it is not child endangerment. It is not a smart thing to do, but not life threatening.

• 1 decade ago

If they are yelling, I would say no. But the person holding the child really should put him/her down.

• Yogi
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Not unless they're slinging knives at each other.

• 1 decade ago

No. Nice try.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.