Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

I just got highlighted Blonde hair?

It was a light brown, i JUST went in & got it done like last night.

Im pretty much covered in blonde, but on the top its a little chunkyer then i wanted it to be, when i wash my hair tonight with my shampoo & conditioner, will some of the blonde run through my other peices?

Im kind of hoping it does so it looks more even,

any help? without going back in, thanks!

Favorite Answer

No, unfortunately, the highlights won't spread evenly when you wash it. :-(

But instead of going back in to the stylist, you could try highlighting just those few pieces that you need for a more even look at home. Loreal makes a quality product and if you match your hair correctly it doesn't make your hair look orangey. We've used this highlighting product many times with GREAT results:

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/default.aspx...

("Iced Champagne")

or if you'd prefer to slightly darken parts of the chunky areas, you could use their LOW lights:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013L2G34

("Buttercream Swirl")

If you don't want to chance it doing it at home, I'd go back to the stylist and ask them to fix those areas. Most stylists do offer a guarantee and want you to be happy with what you have. After all, the results of their work are going to be on parade on the top of your head for everyone to see - they don't want it to look ugly or else they lose business!

~ Good Luck! ~

Source(s): One daughter always gets highlights done in the salon. The other always gets ME to do her highlights at home. We've often thought the home jobs were better (maybe because I was more invested in making sure her hair looked good). It takes a little practice, but saves a LOT of money over time.

nope i'm afraid not, if it's permanent! Eventually it may fade or blend in a bit more as you wash it,but thats about it. If you are unhappy with it, go back, they shouldn't charge you as it's not what you wanted!

x

Relax...it's called buyers remorse...after you wash it a couple times and get used to it you'll think it looks fine...enjoy the new do

Source(s): had the same thing happen when i got my hair "high lighted" and the girl went postal...lol

my friend, who happens to be a girl, got the same thing done, and it was way uneven. its almost a 100% permanent. i mean, if you wash your hair, IMMEDIATELY, it could but i don't think so