Internet history erased...can it be retrieved?

Can internet history that has been erased be retrieved? I am wanting to check up on sites visited by family, and history keeps being erased...wondering what is being looked at. I am hoping it is nothing, but you never know. I want to keep my family safe, not pry.

Favorite Answer

ok. one thing to explain is there is no way to get the previous history if it was deleted. but you can prepare for the future.

One (and I HIGHLY recommend this) is first set up a family meeting, and talk. I understand you want to keep your family safe. But you are also scared. Your scared if you get caught by your family that you are spying on them. That can really break a family there and thats the last thing you want to do.

So I propose is setting up a family meeting and tell them that in order to keep everyone safe. That you are gonna be keeping a copy of the history. So that they know!

next is find out where the history files are backed up to. then create a backup of those.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know how to get the history back, if there even is a way. However, it's pretty clear that someone in your family is looking at some less than appropriate sites, and therefore erasing the history. Keep track of who was on the computer when to find out who the repeat offender is! If your history was there before your son was on, and all of a sudden, it's gone, then it was your son! You have to figure it out like that.

the only way i understand to get deleted background returned is to dig around interior the irritating force - or in case you have a workstation, take that aside & dig around in there. it relatively is feasible to retrieve it in case you recognize what you're doing.

Nope, there's no way you can get it back. Thank God. But, if you're really concerned, use parental controls to block sites you don't want them to go on.