American Christians: Are you being persecuted

There seems to be a sentiment lately that Christianity is being "oppressed" or "silenced" or "threatened", that somehow American society is attacking Christianity, trying to shut it down, etc. According to www.adherents.com, 76.5% of the American population identified as Christian in 2001. Atheists, who seem to... show more There seems to be a sentiment lately that Christianity is being "oppressed" or "silenced" or "threatened", that somehow American society is attacking Christianity, trying to shut it down, etc.

According to www.adherents.com, 76.5% of the American population identified as Christian in 2001. Atheists, who seem to be the target of much of the blame for this "oppression", make up 0.4%.
(ref: http://www.adherents.com/rel_USA.html#re... )

Much of what I have seen as evidence of this so-called oppression is gay rights, removal of religious material from public school curriculum, banning mandatory prayer in public schools, removal of religious icons in government buildings, etc. Note that no one has said what cannot be taught in the home, nor has prayer been banned from schools (it just can't be mandatory or teacher-led during class time).

Honestly, I find myself scratching my head over these accusations that Christians are being persecuted in the United States. I see that people of minority religions are perhaps finding themselves on more equal footing with Christians than they used to be. I see that those who do not identify as Christians are less afraid to openly practice/worship/etc as they choose.

I guess I'm failing to understand how any of this adds up to "persecution" or "oppression" of Christians. Please enlighten me: Are you, an American Christian, being persecuted/oppressed, and if so, how? In what ways have you been restricted, threatened, persecuted, oppressed, or otherwise hindered in your practice of your religion, your rights as an individual of that religion, etc?
Update: no1home2 -- yes, it IS a question. I want to know in what ways Christians are being persecuted in the United States, because I seriously just do NOT see it.