What are some interesting places to visit in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania?

I'm going to Pittsburgh in a few days to help my sister move into her dorm at Carnegie Mellon. I'm gonna spend a few days there, so my dad told me to find some interesting places to visit. It should be near the Carnegie Mellon (if you know where that is). I believe the zip code is 15213. I'm a 14 year old boy. so try to give me some places that I would like.

Favorite Answer

Carnegie Mellon is in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh. The attractions in that area are:

Carnegie Museum of Natural History and Carnegie Museum of Art (one building, one admission)

Phipps Conservatory (if you like plants)

Lots of good places to eat....Lu Lu's Noodles, The Original Hot Dog Shop (also known as the "O"), Primanti Brothers (a must when visiting Pittsburgh)

Within a bus ride (with transfer) away you could go to:

North Side:

Andy Warhol Museum

PNC Park (check the Pirates schedule to see a game...the Pirates may suck, but the park is awesome)

National Aviary (if you like birds)

Carnegie Science Center

South Side:

Station Square (mostly shopping, but some nice places to eat)

Mt. Washington (take one of the inclines from Station Square up to the top of Mt. Washington, a must do when visiting Pittsburgh)

East Carson Street shops and restaurants (the shops are very eclectic and fun, not mall stores at all until you reach the South Side Works)

A bit more of a hike, but definitely worth it:

Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium (in Highland Park)

Kennywood Park (in West Mifflin)

Source(s): From the area
  • Sarah

Carnegie Science Center

Original Hot Dogs is a great, famous restaurant in Pittsburgh

Go to the football stadium (Steelers) or baseball stadium (Pirates)-see a game or take a tour.

Kennywood is the local amusement park. 12 miles from downtown.

Carnegie Museum of Natural History.

Source(s): http://www.carnegiesciencecenter.org/ kennywood.com www.visitpittsburgh.com